Publicity Rights in Bytes: Contemporary Issues in Entertainment & Sports Law
Chapman University School of Law
February 8, 2008
MCLE Credit Available (4.5 hours)
This symposium features keynote speaker Mr. Micheal Flaherty, Co-Founder & President of Walden Media. The exceptional academics and knowledgeable practitioners that participated in this event made it both informative and provocative.
Panel I: Publicity Rights and the Constitution: Privacy, Publicity, and the YouTube Phenomenon VIEW WEBCAST
Moderator: Celestine Richards McConville, Chapman University School of Law
- Erwin Chemerinsky, Duke University School of Law
- F. Jay Dougherty, Loyola Law School
- Dr. John Eastman, Chapman University School of Law
- Raymond Ku, Case Western Reserve University of Law
Mr. Micheal Flaherty, Co-Founder & President of Walden Media
Panel II: Publicity Rights in Entertainment: From Second-Life to the Afterlife
Moderator: Kathy Z. Heller, Chapman University School of Law
- Eric Farber, Managing Shareholder of Farber & Company Attorneys. P.C.
- John Garon, Hamline University School of Law
- Kevin J. Greene, Thomas Jefferson School of Law
- John Tehranian, University of Utah, S.J. Quinney College of Law
Panel III: Publicity Rights in Sports: The Fantasy of Player Statistics Ownership VIEW WEBCAST
Moderator: Matthew Parlow, Chapman University School of Law
- Mark Humenik, General Counsel at Athletes First
- Matthew Mitten, Marquette University Law School
- Gary Roberts, Indiana University School of Law – Indianapolis
- Maureen Weston, Pepperdine University of Law
Film screening of a Major Motion Picture at Folino Theatre in the new Marion Knott Studios.
View full bios of the Symposium panelists.