Chapman University Dale E. Fowler School of Law seeks to admit stellar students who are passionately interested in a legal education that will challenge them to grow intellectually, ethically, and professionally.
There are many factors utilized in the decision making process. We do not use an index system and each application is individually reviewed. The applicant’s entire file is considered in the review process. In examining applications, we not only look at your cumulative undergraduate GPA and LSAT score(s), but also consider additional components in determining the potential to succeed in law school. Such indicators include:
- nature and rigor of undergraduate discipline
- an upward trend in academic performance
- types of courses completed
- writing ability
- work experience
- graduate level courses taken and degrees earned
- scholarly achievements
- community and volunteer service
- research projects
- demonstrated leadership ability (clubs, organizations, etc.)
- fluency in foreign languages
Letters of Recommendation: We take seriously the observations offered about you by your chosen recommenders.
Resume: You are encouraged to list any scholastic honors, relevant experience, work or volunteer, as well as other activities on your resume. Please include hours per week. Provide information that will complement your application.