Request for Priority Registration Procedure
A student with a documented disability on file with Disability Services (DS) may request, in writing, priority registration if their disability requires specific accommodations related to the scheduling of their classes. Priority registration as an accommodation is not given unless the University determines that the request is reasonable and no other suitable methods are available to ensure equal access to the learning environment.
Students who may qualify for Priority Registration typically include, but are not limited to:
- Students whose disability imposes classroom access constraints due to mobility, speed, stamina, and/or endurance across setting or time of day.
- Students with significant or chronic medical conditions, or those following a strict medication or treatment regimen impacting their ability to attend classes at certain times of day.
- Students who frequently arrange for on and off-campus service providers (e.g. personal care assistants, outpatient treatment programs, ).
- Students who use services or accommodations that require significant planning and action steps on the part of DS (i.e. Alternative Text, Classroom Scheduling, Interpreters, CART, accessible classroom furniture, etc.)
Please provide specific information regarding how your request for priority registration meets one or more of the conditions listed above, and therefore is eligible for priority registration and email Disability Services.
Requests must be made no later than two weeks before registration starts. Requests must be made in writing, via email, or other appropriate format.
- Students approved for Priority Registration must still meet all University, College and Departmental policies and requirements. Students should check their records and address any academic holds and permission-to-register actions (i.e. required advising meetings, etc.) prior to their registration date.
- Priority registration does not exempt students from meeting pre-requisite or class-standing requirements for courses. Further, it does not grant access to restricted or closed courses or sections.
- Priority Registration does not guarantee availability of classes or provision of courses/sections at specific times.
 This process is based on the process outlined by USC at https://dsp.usc.edu/accommodations/priority-registration/