The Registration Process
- Freshmen register after Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores. Registration through My.Chapman.Edu, allows seats to be reserved for specific populations of students and most departments have reserved seats for Freshmen in the 100 and 200 level classes.
- Registration assignments are based on students' completed credits. Transcripts submitted for transfer credits received after the deadline (see Registration Timeline), will not be used to adjust registration assignment dates and times, except for transcripts processed by the Center for Global Education for Study Abroad credits.
- Waitlist processing in My.Chapman.Edu: If you are at the top of the waitlist for a class and a seat becomes available, you will be automatically enrolled in the class, provided that you do not have any holds that would prevent your registration and that the meeting days and times of the class do not conflict with any other classes in which you are enrolled. You will receive an email notification of your enrollment in the waitlisted class, so check your Chapman University email regularly. To learn more, see Waitlist FAQ below.
- PeopleSoft certified browsers to use for registration: Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari.
- Login using your current Chapman username and password to My.chapman.edu.
Steps to Register Classes
- Log-in to my.chapman.edu to access the Student Center.
- Confirm your Registration Assignment which is posted on the Student Center.
- View the Class Schedule in the Student Center using Class Search.
- Build and validate your preferred class schedule with the Shopping Cart.
- On or after your registration assignment, enroll the classes in your Shopping Cart.
- To request override on section requirements or restrictions for which you do not qualify, submit signatures of approval on registration forms at the Registrar's Office
- Students still on waitlists at the start of the term may petition for approval from the instructor or department chair to be enrolled in closed or waitlisted classes.
- To learn more about the waitlist, see Waitlist FAQ below.
- Clear any holds posted on your Student Center in my.chapman.edu
- To clear the hold, learn more about Business Office Holds
- To clear Missing Official Transcripts Holds, submit official transcripts from transfer institutions to the Registrar's Office.
Registration to Individual Study, Internships, Research and Study Abroad
- To register for special studies such as Individual Study, Internships, Student & Faculty Research and Reading & Conference, you must complete the required registration form found at www.chapman.edu/registrar/forms and apply with the appropriate department indicated on the form by the specified deadline
- To register for Travel Courses or Study Abroad, see Center for Global Education
- Check the Academic Calendar for Registration deadlines. To register after the deadlines, a petition form and a $20 petition fee will be required.