Goodbye WebAdvisor, Hello My.Chapman.Edu
Changes to the Registration Process
- Freshmen will register after Seniors, Juniors, and Sophomores. The new People Soft system, My.Chapman.Edu, allows seats to be reserved for specific populations of students and most departments have reserved seats for Freshmen in the 100 and 200 level classes.
- Waitlist processing is different in My.Chapman.Edu. If you are at the top of the waitlist for a class and a seat becomes available, you will be automatically enrolled in the class, provided that you do not have any holds that would prevent your registration and that the meeting days and times of the class do not conflict with any other classes in which you are enrolled. You will receive an email notification of your enrollment in the waitlisted class, so check your Chapman University email regularly. To learn more, see Waitlist FAQ below.
- PeopleSoft certified browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, and Safari.
- Login using your current Chapman username and password to My.chapman.edu.
Steps to Register Classes
- Log-in to my.chapman.edu to access your new Student Center.
- Confirm your Registration Assignment posted on your Student Center.
- View the Fall Class Schedule in the Student Center with Class Search.
- Build and validate your preferred schedule with the new Shopping Cart.
- On or after your registration assignment, enroll the classes in your Shopping Cart.
- To request override on section requirements or restrictions for which you do not qualify, submit signatures of approval on registration forms at the Registrar's Office
- Students still on waitlists at the start of the term may petition for approval from the instructor or department chair to be enrolled in closed or waitlisted classes.
Preparing To Register
- Submit requests for Change of Major or Minor or Inter/Multidisciplinary Forms at the Registrar's Office.
- Clear any holds posted on your Student Center in my.chapman.edu
- To clear the hold, learn more about Business Office Holds
- To clear Missing Official Transcripts Holds, submit official transcripts from transfer institutions to the Registrar's Office.
- Review and print your Program Evaluation from WebAdvisor. A sample may be viewed from the Program Evaluation Tutorial (ppt). Program evaluations from my.chapman.edu will be available sometime after the Fall registration.
- Schedule academic advising prior to your Registration Assignment and meet with Program Advisors to review MAJOR degree requirements.
- Undergraduate students may meet with a professional advisor at the Academic Advising Center to review NON-major degree requirements (General Education Requirements, academic policies, and credit total)
- Learn about the new waitlist, see Waitlist FAQs below.
- Review the on-line tutorial for my.chapman.edu Student Center training.
- Check the Academic Calendar for Registration deadlines. To register after the deadlines, a petition form and a $20 petition fee will be required.
Registration to Individual Study, Internships, Research and Study Abroad
- To register for special studies such as Individual Study, Internships, Student & Faculty Research and Reading & Conference, you must complete the required registration form found at www.chapman.edu/registrar/forms and apply with the appropriate department indicated on the form by the specified deadline
- To register for Travel Courses or Study Abroad, see Center for Global Education