The official university catalog is the primary resource for students who are considering changing their major or minor. Review the catalog for critical information about degree requirements and view a "What If I change My Major" evaluation on Web Advisor. Degree Requirements for Minors are viewed only from the catalog.
After researching their options, students are strongly encouraged to meet with the Academic Advising Center, a faculty advisor, or a department chair prior to submitting the form to the Office of the University Registrar to change their major or minor. The Change of Major/Minor Form from the selected catalog year will indicate which programs require a signature from the department chair. Academic Departments approving the programs may forward the form to the Registrar's Office on behalf of the student.The preferred method for submitting the Change of Program Form is to attach one of the forms below to an e-mail addressed to email@example.com. The email must be sent through the student's Chapman e-mail account for authentication. Please note that the modified form must be saved to the student’s hard drive prior to being sent, or else the modifications will be lost.
Printed and signed forms may be faxed to (714) 628-2707, or mailed to the Registrar's Office Academic Program Specialists.
- Change of Major/Minor Form (2012-2013 Catalog)
- Change of Major/Minor Form (2011-2012 Catalog)
- Change of Major/Minor Form (2010-2011 Catalog)
- Change of Major/Minor Form (2009-2010 Catalog)
- Change of Major/Minor Form (2008-2009 Catalog)
- Change of Major/Minor Form (2007-2008 Catalog)
- Inter/Multidisciplinary Cluster Form
Chapman University “Change of Program Forms” are accepted and processed by the Office of the University Registrar throughout the year except during registration periods in November and April. Any Change of Program Form submitted later than one week prior to the first day of scheduled registration appointments in November or April will not be processed until the conclusion of the two-week registration appointment period. Operationally, this means that none of the following changes to student academic records will be made during registration appointments:
- Change of existing major or minor program
- Addition of a major or minor program
- Change of a declared Area of Study
- Change of a declared Emphasis
- Change of a declared Concentration
For program changes associated with a Catalog prior to 2007, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.