The Chapman University Institutional Review Board (IRB) operates under policies and procedures mandated by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Office for Human Research Protections. These policies are available for review at www.hhs.gov/ohrp/. The following documents are meant to serve both as policy statements for the Chapman University IRB and as guidelines for investigators involving human subjects in their research.
- Policy for Principal Investigator Eligibility- Outlines the eligibility requirements to be a Principal Investigator (PI) at Chapman University, and the process for requesting an exception to the requirements.
- Policy for Solicitation of Research Participants via Electronic Communication
- Guidelines for Student Classroom Projects and Research Involving Human Subjects
- Guidelines for Researchers Recruiting Participants from Their Own Courses
- Guidelines for The Use of Raffles