The Chapman University School of Pharmacy (CUSP) offers five unique programs in strategic Orange County locations:
- Doctor of Pharmacy - Pharm.D. degree in an accelerated three-year / 8 trimester year-round professional program.
- Freshman Early Assurance Program - 2 + 3 Pharm.D. degree pathway for academically exceptional graduating high school students.
- 4 + 1 B.S. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology/M.S. in Pharmaceutical Sciences - M.S. degree pathway for students in the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology major at Schmid College of Science and Technology.
- Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences - two-year M.S.P.S. degree.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmaceutical Sciences - Ph.D. degree.
The Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) degree is a two and 2/3rds-year, accelerated professional degree composed of eight 15-week trimesters. New students begin in the fall of each year. Our program emphasizes personalized education which is a core value for Chapman University. The program also helps develop students into high-performing team members and provides a deep scientific foundation and a discovery research experience. Learning is enhanced through a “flipped” classroom experience as well as an extensive emphasis on technology with free books, electronic references, and a MacBook computer and iPad supplied by the school.
The School of Pharmacy offers a Pre-Pharmacy Freshman Early Assurance Program (FEAP) for academically exceptional graduating high school students who want to study pharmacy. Students accepted into this program will spend two years (four semesters, excluding summers) on Chapman’s beautiful campus in Orange, completing their pre-pharmacy required courses before their conditionally guaranteed acceptance to matriculate in the three-year CUSP Pharm.D. program. Through this program, students will earn their Pharm.D. degree directly, without a bachelor’s degree, in under five years after graduating from high school.
The 4 + 1 B.S./M.S. degree is a five-year program that enables undergraduate Biochemistry and Molecular Biology majors at Chapman University to begin taking M.S. coursework in their senior year and receive a Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences within one year of finishing their undergraduate degree.
The Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Sciences (M.S.P.S.) is a 2-year, year-round thesis-based program for students interested in a broad range of scientific disciplines critical to the discovery and development of new drugs and therapies.
The Doctor of Philosophy in Pharmaceutical Sciences (Ph.D.) is a year-round program for students interested in the diverse research areas of drug design and discovery, pharmaceutics, drug delivery, pharmacology, pharmacokinetics, or structural biology.