You’re not exactly a control freak, but you do like to be in charge. And while you consider yourself creative, you don’t exactly hang with the fringe. Truth be told, you like working with numbers. But more than anything, you want to be a part of the Hollywood scene.
Creative Producing combines basic creative skills with the business, legal and organizational aspects of the entertainment industry. As a producer, you’d be involved in:
- Identifying marketable creative content — for TV pilots, feature films, etc.
- Securing the rights to that creative material
- Procuring financing to fund projects
- Finding distributors to release projects
- Organizing, budgeting and scheduling productions
- Assembling a team and collaborating with key creative artists to execute a collective vision
- Overseeing the entire process — from pre- to post-production and beyond