The Honor Society for International Studies, Sigma Iota Rho was first established in 1984 and now claims over 100 chapters on campuses across the nation. The Chapman University chapter, Delta Mu, was established primarily as a means to honor those students who have excelled academically and have shown extracurricular achievement. The purpose of the society is to promote and reward scholarship and service among students of International Studies, and to foster integrity and creative performance in the understanding of world affairs. Apply to Sigma Iota Rho.
» Sigma Iota Rho: The Honor Society for International Studies, Delta Mu Chapter
+ - Benefits of Membership:
- Opportunity to attend conferences at the United Nations, World Bank and more
- Opportunity to receive research and travel grant funding
- Access to professional networks
- Certificate attesting membership status Sigma Iota Rho lapel pin
- Copy of the latest issue of the nationally distributed Journal of International Relations, with an opportunity for contribution to the journal as an author or an editor
- Free chapter subscription to the Internationalist magazine
- Graduation regalia: honor cord (included) or stole (discounted purchase)
- Along with the tangible list of benefits surely come such things as life-long relationships, personal growth, development and realization of the leadership potential, opportunities to deepen one's understanding of international affairs, and have fun!
- More Details
+ - Membership Requirements
- You must be a:
- Master's candidate for International Studies who has completed at least one semester of graduate level work or
- An undergraduate with junior or senior standing who has completed at least twenty-one (21) units of coursework in anthropology, economics, foreign languages, history, peace studies, political science, or related disciplines, including two courses at the 300 or 400 level.
- You must achieve and maintain GPA of 3.3
- Pay national dues of $45.00