The Fowler School of Law is proud to host a number of important and stimulating lectures throughout the academic year, ranging from informal patio discussions to distinguished guest lectures.
Our signature lecture series, The Chapman Dialogues, is a lineup of distinguished lectures by some of the most innovative and thought-provoking scholars in the legal academy and social sciences. Visiting speakers are invited to present their research and ideas to the widest audience of faculty, students, alumni and special guests. A discussion will follow and will typically be led by one or two discussants from among the Fowler Law faculty. The Dialogue Series is sponsored by a number of influential local law firms and corporations. For more information, contact Associate Dean for Research & Faculty Development Donald Kochan.
In addition to the Dialogues, the Fowler School of Law frequently hosts major symposia on important legal topics, such as the annual Law Review Symposium and Nexus Journal Symposium, as well as a variety of guest practitioner speakers hosted by its many student organizations.
Below is a list of past lectures hosted by the Fowler School of Law.
- Fall 2012 - Spring 2013 Fowler School of Law Faculty Workshop Series
- 2012 Fowler School of Law Faculty Workshop Series (Spring)
- 2011 Fowler School of Law Faculty Workshop Series (Fall)
- 2009-2010 Center for Global Trade & Development Lecture Schedule
- 2008-2009 Center for Global Trade & Development Lecture Schedule
- 2008-2009 FIRST Lecture Schedule
- 2007-2008 Center for Global Trade & Development Lecture Schedule
- 2007-2008 FIRST Lecture Schedule