» Admission Programs
+ - Applicant Deadlines
- August 15, 2016 - Early decision application deadline.
- September 26, 2016 - Early decision offers awarded.
- November 7, 2016 - Deadline to take the GRE Exam.
- November 16, 2016 - Application firm deadline (applications will not be accepted after this date).
- December 12, 2016 - Deadline to submit official GRE scores.
- January 16, 2017 - PTCAS priority academic update deadline.
- February 15, 2017 – PTCAS academic update ends.
- April 1, 2017 – Observation hours must be completed and submitted. (Summer Applicants)
- June 1, 2017 - Deadline to complete outstanding prerequisite coursework and submit transcripts reflecting spring 2017 grades. (Fall Applicants)
- August 5, 2017 - Deadline to submit observation hours. (Fall Applicants)
+ - Prerequisite Coursework & Limitations
- Anatomy with lab
- Biology 1 with lab
- Biology 2 with lab
- Chemistry 1 with lab
- Chemistry 2 with lab
- Physics 1 with lab
- Physics 2 with lab
- Physiology with lab
- Human Behavior
- All science prerequisite courses must be designed for science majors. Introductory level science courses are not accepted.
- Human Anatomy and Physiology must be completed within 5 years of matriculation.
- All other prerequisite courses must be completed within 10 years of matriculation.
- Prerequisite courses may be repeated only once.
- No prerequisite grade below "C" is considered.
- Pass/Credit grades for prerequisite courses will be converted to a “C” if letter grading options are not available.
- Courses which received advanced placement credit (AP or CLEP) may fulfill prerequisite requirements. The credit hours and grade points will not be computed in the PGPA calculation.
- No more than two science prerequisite courses and one human behavior or statistics prerequisite course (a total of three prerequisite courses) may be remaining after the semester in which the application is submitted.
- All remaining prerequisite course work must be completed before the student matriculates.
+ - Admission Requirements
Admission Requirements (All Applicants)
- Completed PTCAS application
- An earned B.A. or B.S. degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Prerequisite GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Official GRE scores (Reporting Code 7669)
- 40 hours of physical therapy observation/experience
A complete list of admission requirements may also be found on the PTCAS website.
Applicants are required to meet the following minimum grade point average (GPAs) and General Record Exam (GRE) requirements for consideration.
|Regular Admissions||Early Decision|
|Regular Admissions||Early Decision|
|Revised Exam||Original Exam||Revised Exam||Original Exam|
Graduate Record Examination (GRE)
- GRE examination be taken six weeks prior to the application deadline
- The exam must be taken within 5 years of the application deadline
- Scores from various test dates can not be combined.
- Test results should be sent directly to PTCAS, program code 7669.
Applicants are required to satisfactorily complete at least 40 hours of observation (or paid work) to ensure at least minimal knowledge of the practice of physical therapy. Observation hours must be supervised by a licensed physical therapist. Applicants are required to report their hours on the PTCAS application; verification forms are not required.
Applicants are required to submit official transcripts from every regionally accredited U.S. postsecondary institution attended. Transcripts need to be submitted directly to PTCAS using the Transcript Request Form. Applicants must also update their application and submit transcripts to PTCAS reflecting grades.
- Chapman University does NOT require a supplemental application.
- Letters of recommendation are NOT required.
- Chapman University does not require a custom essay for the admission requirement.
- All remaining prerequisite course work must be completed by the end of the fall semester (for summer applicants) and spring semester (for fall applicants).
- The awarding of a baccalaureate degree must occur before the student matriculates.
- Persons who have been dismissed from another physical therapy program are not eligible for consideration for admission to Chapman University.