- Type firstname.lastname@example.org in the login box (example: email@example.com).
- Type email/network password into the password box.
Online Key/Card Access Request Form
- Name: Include first and last name.
- Phone Extension: Phone extension or full phone number.
- Room Number(s): Room numbers you require key or card access.
- Card Access: If you require card access select this field located directly to the right of the room number.
- Department: Select your department from the drop down list.
- Building: From drop down list select the building that you are requesting access; this building may or may not be the building where you work.
- Comments: Special instructions such as keys requested as a sub-master or master key, a file cabinet lock number or other pertinent information describing what type of access is being requested.
- Submit Request: The I Agree – Request Key/Card button located at the bottom of the online form will confirm that you have read and understand the key policy located at the top of the request form and will submit the request.
When key/card access requirements are for more than one building, separate requests must be submitted for each building. Any submitted request for multiple buildings will not be authorized and will be closed.
Key/Card Access Authorization Process
- Key/Card Access Request Number: A screen will appear displaying your request number when you submit your access request.
- Confirmation Email: An automatic email confirmation will be sent to your email address.
- Status of Request: You can check the status of your online request by selecting the link provided in the email confirmation sent to you.
- Authorization Process: There are 3 levels of authorization to be completed prior to a request; 1) Department Head, 2) Public Safety and 3) Facilities Management. These authorizations are all performed electronically through automatic email sent through the key/card access request system.
- Final Notification Email: An automatic email will be sent when authorization for key/card access is completed or at any time should the request be denied.
- Metal Keys: Facilities Management will contact you at the phone number provided when the key(s) are ready to be picked up.
- Card Access: Card access requests are handled through the Campus Card Office (714) 744-7011. The card office will contact you when they are ready to process your card for access to the approved rooms.
Two Weeks Allowed for Key/Card Access Requests
When a week passes and a request has not yet been authorized by the selected Department Head and Public Safety, an email notification will be sent explaining that full key/card access request authorization will be required to be completed within one week dated from the time the email notification is sent. The email will explain at what authorization level your request has stalled and will include recommendations on how to expedite obtaining the required authorizations. If at the end of the 2nd week, your request has not yet been fully authorized; your request will be closed.
For system problem solutions, questions, or information on request status:
- Email Facilities Management at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (714) 997-6658.