We are excited for your child’s Chapman experience. The Argyros School faculty and staff are second to none when it comes to investing in your child’s academics and overall development. Through the rigorous and challenging academic curriculum, your child will gain incredible business knowledge. Along with this new academic prowess, there needs to be an opportunity to put into practice, what they have learned. There is professional development that needs to occur in order to prepare students for life after graduation. This is where the Argyros School Career Services can step in.
We don’t “place” students with internships and jobs. If we had that kind of power, every student would have a job. But we all know that that’s not how it works anymore. Instead, by setting up a career-coaching appointment, taking assessments, developing personal branding statement, having a resume reviewed, creating a personalized internship/job search strategy, among other activities, we help equip students with the knowledge and fundamentals to own their own careers, and achieve professional success.
You also clearly play a critical role in your child’s college experience and their career-related decisions, so you may be asking yourself, “How can I help?”. Here are a few ways:
- Ask if they have seen the Roadmap?
- Encourage them to get to know faculty and visit with them often.
- Encourage them to visit the Argyros School Career Services to simply start the conversation. (The earlier the better, but it doesn’t have to be the fall of their Freshman year.)
- Open up your professional network to them – judiciously – once you are confident of the following:
- Does your child have a good idea of what (s)he wants to pursue?
- Can (s)he articulate his/her strengths?
- Will (s)he follow through once you make the introduction?
You may also be asking yourself, “How can I help the school?”. Here are a few options to consider. If any of these sound interesting to you, we would welcome your engagement. Feel free to contact me at any time.
- Post an open position at your company.
- Join us on campus to:
- Participate on a panel or workshop.
- Host a group of students at your company.
- Review resumes or cover letters.
- Perform mock interviews.
There is incredible transformation ahead, and we are honored to help guide your child’s professional development over the next several years.
We look forward to much success!
Argyros School Career Services