The Department of Student Engagement upholds the University mission by offering educational experiences, supportive environments, specialized services, and quality resources designed to facilitate successful achievement of the Student Affairs Learning Outcomes.
Through the interconnected areas of Civic Engagement, Cross-Cultural Engagement, Greek Life, Student Organizations, the Student Union, and the Fitness Center, our student staff help us support each student and their ongoing development as respectful, curious, and active community members.
Qualifications & Requirements:
We look for student staff members who:
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills
- Are professional, detail oriented, organized, and follow through
- Represent Chapman University and the Department of Student Engagement well
- Work well with others on a team
- Desire ongoing personal and professional development
- Desire to be challenged and to learn
- Remain in good academic (cumulative GPA 2.5) and disciplinary standing
- Maintain full-time student status (enrolled in at least 12 units)
- Comply with Chapman’s policy of student employment by working no more than 19 hrs/week for all on-campus jobs
Please refer to the job descriptions below to learn about the specific qualifications and requirements of the position(s) for which you are applying.
- 2016-2017 academic year commitment (please consider study abroad plans when applying)
- Hours depend on position (please see below)
- Attend department staff development meetings on Fridays 2:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m. on one week every month
- Participate in assigned Chapman events