Music, media and everyday experiences are filled with images of intimacy and sex. These portrayals usually don't include the fact that the incidence of sexually transmitted diseases (STDs), including HIV/AIDS is increasing among university students. Be aware and be safe.
»STD/STIs and HIV/AIDS
+-HIV/AIDS Referral / Testing Sites
Free or low cost testing - Times may vary - PLEASE call first.
- O.C. Health Care Agency (Santa Ana): (714) 834-8129
- Laguna Beach Community Clinic: (949) 494-0761
- Huntington Beach Community Clinic: (714) 847-4222
- The Center OC: (714) 534-0961
- Chapman Wellness Center: (714) 997-6851
+-STI/STD Testing/Information Resources
- National STD/STI Hotline: 800 227-8922
- Chapman Student Health Center: 714 997-6851
- Laguna Beach Community Clinic: 949 494-0761
- Huntington Beach Community Clinic: 714 847-4222
- The Center Orange County: 714-534-3261
- National AIDS Hotline: 800-CDC-INFO
- National AIDS/STD Info Hotline: 800-458-5231
+-Getting Tested - Check List **
- Have you had unprotected sex (sex without a condom)?
- Have you had unprotected sex while you were under the influence of alcohol or other drugs?
- Have you had unprotected sex with someone whose HIV status was unknown to you, or who was HIV infected?
- Have you had unprotected sex with someone who uses or has used IV drugs?
- Have you put off taking the test because you think you might be infected?
- Have you taken an HIV test before, but not changed the behaviors that made you decide to get tested?
- Have you had symptoms that might be early warning signs of HIV disease (night sweats, rashes, fatigue, recurring yeast infections, swollen lymph nodes, flu-like symptoms)?
- Have you ever injected drugs with a needle that someone else had used?