Explore the College of Performing Arts facilities which provide an unmatched personalized education and real world experience for our students.
- Dance Center
- Recital Halls
- Technology Center
Partridge Dance Center
Located at the corner of Cypress & Maple, this state of the art dance facility was completed in August 2002. With a design that allows for dialogue among students and room for intense creative and academic activity, this 10,000 square foot space promotes a strong sense of community and artistry among the 85 Chapman dance majors and approximately 300 other students who take classes here.
Salmon Recital Hall
Located inside of Bertea Hall, Salmon Recital Hall serves as the main performance hall for many Conservatory of Music events. One can hear a range of musical presentations including vocal and instrumental recitals as well as performances by the major ensembles on occasion. Salmon Recital Hall often houses the esteemed guest artists and master teachers who present special performances, workshops and master classes for the Conservatory of Music at Chapman University.
The opening of Oliphant Hall in Fall 2004 marked the beginning of a new period of growth for the Conservatory of Music. This new state-of-the-art facility houses a modern infrastructure capable of meeting the needs of faculty and students well into the new millennium.
This building houses the John and Donna Crean Orchestral Recital Hall, Thomas G. and Willy Hall '64 Lecture Hall, M. Douglas Music Collection, Steeve and Helen Kay Music Technology Center, Margaret Richardson Office of the Dean, Marcus and Louise Pomeroy Conference Room, and the Margaret Richardson Administration Center in addition to teaching studios, practice rooms and a lecture hall.
Along with the construction of Oliphant Hall, Bertea Hall underwent an extensive renovation to bring both facilities to new levels and to allow Bertea to continue to serve the students and faculty in the best way possible.
The key donors for the original Conservatory of Music facility were Richard and Hyla Bertea. The building houses the Salmon Recital Hall, Shanley Choral Room, Stoltz Student Lounge, Steeve Kay Technology Center, classrooms, teaching studios and practice rooms.
Entertainment Technology Center
Chapman’s Entertainment Technology Center is home to the CoPA Production Department. At the Entertainment Technology Center, students have the opportunity to take classes in the Entertainment Technology field and are given the opportunity to build the scenic and costume elements for all of the Dance, Theatre, and Music productions including American Celebration!
Located at the corner of Palm and Center, Waltmar Theatre was built in 1976 and seats 240. The Waltmar Theatre is home to Theatre, Dance, and Music performances. It is also used as a classroom space to allow students the opportunity to hone their skills as professional artists.
The studio theatre is a flexible space used for both classes and performances. This intimate venue can seat up to 50 patrons.
- College of Performing Arts
- Message from the Dean+
- Hall-Musco Conservatory of Music+
- »Academic Programs
- »BA in Music
- »BM in Performance – Conducting
- »BM in Performance – Guitar
- »BM in Performance – Instrumental
- »BM in Performance – Keyboard Collaborative Arts
- »BM in Performance – Piano
- »BM in Performance – Vocal
- »BM in Composition
- »BM in Music Education – Instrumental/Vocal
- »Music Minor
- »Performing Ensembles
- »Apply - BA Music
- »Apply - BM in Composition
- »Apply - BM in Music Education
- »Apply - BM in Performance, Conducting
- »Apply - BM in Performance, Guitar
- »Apply - BM in Performance, Instrumental
- »Apply - BM in Performance, Keyboard Collaborative Arts
- »Apply - BM in Performance, Piano
- »Apply - BM in Performance, Vocal
- »Department Tours
- »Frequently Asked Questions
- »Academic Programs
- Department of Dance+
- »Academic Programs»Alumni Spotlights»Audition Dates & Requirements»Calendar of Events»Contact Us»Department Honors & Awards»Facilities»Faculty Directory»Prospective Students»Video Links
- Department of Theatre+
- »Academic Programs»Audition Dates & Requirements»BFA Showcase»Calendar of Events»Contact Us»Department Honors & Awards»Facilities»Faculty Directory»Past Productions»Prospective Students»Shakespeare Festival»Video Links
- Calendar of Events+
- Support Our Programs+
- Contact Us
- Join our Mailing List+
- Musco Center for the Arts+
- Healthy Approaches in the Training of Performing Artists+
- Faculty Directory+
- Faculty Honors & Awards+
- Faculty News+
- Faculty Publishing+
- Production Management+