The Self Study Report is divided into three Main Sections, and should be organized as follows:
I. Program Description and Central Issues
- Educational goals
- Brief history
- Number of majors/minors
- Faculty overview
- Faculty usage / workload
- Enrollment trends
- Graduation and retention data analysis
- Central issues or problems
II. Educational Effectiveness
- Degrees offered, Learning Outcomes and Curricula
- Curriculum Map(s)
- Syllabi: Are program outcomes reflected in course syllabi and course outcomes?
- Results of Credit Hour Audit (see Credit Hour Policy)
- Educational Effectiveness Evaluation Plan (Describes who, when and how assessment is conducted)
- Description of improvements made to PROCESS since last review:
- Learning Outcomes
- Evidence of Learning (are multiple measures used?)
- Expected Levels of Achievement (what are your standards?)
- Means of Scoring (rubrics, standardized tests, papers, etc.?)
- How information is disseminated and used to make improvements to student learning
- PROGRESS since last review:
- Analysis of learning outcomes assessment/annual reports since last review
- How have assessment findings been used to improve student learning?
- How does the program compare to its competitors or other like programs in terms of student learning?
- What evidence or indicators do you use to know if program is doing a good job, comparatively? (standardized test scores, professional accreditation, competitions, presentations, shared criteria or rubrics, comparative data or rankings, etc.)
III. Contributions to University Mission and Strategic Plan
Provide data or evidence in support of your answers to the following:
- How does the program support the mission of the University?
- How does the academic unit support the general education program?
- How has the program contributed to the Strategic Plan initiative for national prominence?
- How has the program contributed to the Strategic Plan themes of: globalization, graduate programs, niche programs, interdisciplinary programs, and/or research?
- Within existing resources, what opportunities exist for making strides toward achieving/maintaining national recognition?
- What are the program's future plans for national recognition?
- Course Catalog Descriptions and Learning Outcomes (Required)
- Faculty Vitae (Required)
- Learning Outcomes Assessment Reports, last 5 years (Required)
- Assessment Committee Responses, last 5 years (Required)
- Five-Year Strategic Plan (Recommended)
- Faculty Evaluation Plan/Guidelines (Required)
- Academic Advising Guidelines for Students/Faculty (Recommended)
- Governance/Procedures Manual (Recommended)
- Other department/school documents/information
- Enrollments/Course Offerings
- Students- Enrollment, Graduation and Retention Data