The International Advisory Council was established in 2010 to provide guidance to Chapman University on international issues and to support the Master of Arts in International Studies program. The Council is committed to making a difference in the lives of students whose passion is directing them toward statesmanship. Council members are invited to give lectures and presentations on campus and to help identify internship and partnership opportunities, guest speakers, and funding sources for the program. The Council's membership includes former US ambassadors, consular staff, representatives of foreign governments, and business people from international trade and commerce.
- Torben Aaskov, Owner & President of Tradeworks LLC, Board Member (past president) Danish American Chamber of Commerce Southern California
- George Argyros '59, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to Spain (2001-04), Chairman & CEO of Arnel & Affiliates
- Frank H. Baxter, Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to Uruguay (2006-09)
- Balazs Bokor, Consul General for Hungary in Los Angeles
- Gahl Hodges Burt, White House Staff Social Secretary to First Lady Nancy Reagan (1983-85)
- Guy Fox, President of Guy Fox & Associates, Inc., Chairman of District Export Council of Southern California
- David Henley, Henley Publishing Corp.
- Frank Jao, Bridgecreek Group Inc.
- Mark Chapin Johnson '05, Chairman of Mark Chapin Johnson Foundation
- Kathryn L. Proffitt, United States Ambassador to Malta (1997-2001)
- George Shultz, United States Secretary of Labor (1969-1970), U.S. Secretary of the Treasury (1972-74), U.S. Secretary of State (1982-89)
- Hal Smith Jr.
- Elin Suleymanov, Envoy Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary Consul General to Azerbaijan
- Ricardo Romero Talledo, Trade Representative in the West Coast at Ministry of Foreign Affairs Peru
- Henri Tchen, Vice President, Synapse Capital, L.L.C.
- Gaddi H. Vasquez, United States Ambassador to the United Nations Agencies for Food and Agriculture (2006-09)