What to Bring
- Outdoor Adventures provides all group gear, including tents, tarps, stoves, cookware, water filters, etc.
- Outdoor Adventures provides all meals and some snacks. Please bring additional personal trail snacks according to your own food needs.
- Students are responsible for bringing all items listed in the specific “What To Bring List” found on the left sidebar.
Safety on Outdoor Adventures Trips
- Outdoor Adventures has a great safety record. Incidents and injuries are rare thanks to our high level of training and preparation.
- Each trip includes at least one guide with an 80 hour Wilderness First Responder certification.
- There are nonetheless some inherent risks associated with outdoor activities. Our most common issues include things like blisters, sunburn, and occasional twisted ankles.
- Preventing safety-related problems is a collaborate effort - it requires active cooperation between all members of the group and a dedication to looking out for each other at all times.
- Drugs and Alcohol are not permitted on any Outdoor Adventures trips.
Leave No Trace
- We are immeasurably grateful for the ability to spend time in pristine wilderness areas. It is our responsibility to ensure that we leave those places as undisturbed as they were when we arrived.
- The basic tenets of Leave No Trace should be adhered to at all times. They are as follows:
1. Plan ahead and prepare
2. Camp and hike on durable surfaces
3. Pack it in, pack it out
4. Properly dispose of human waste
5. Leave what you find
6. Use fire responsibly
7. Respect wildlife and other hikers