Follow this guide to ensure that you do not miss any steps in the application process. Please contact the Office of Graduate Admission at (714) 997-6711 or email@example.com if you have any questions.
» Graduate Application Information
+ - Choose your Application
- If your program is not listed below, use this application
- GRE and TOEFL code is 4047
MS in Athletic Training Applicants
- MS Athletic Training applicants must apply using ATCAS. All required documents and application fees should be sent directly to ATCAS. Do not send any materials to Chapman University unless your program specifically requests it. Please review the program's admission requirements before beginning.
- Chapman’s GRE code for ATCAS is 1772
MS in Communication Sciences and Disorders Applicants
- MS Communication Sciences and Disorders applicants must apply using CSDCAS. All required documents and application fees should be sent directly to CSDCAS. Do not send any materials to Chapman University unless your program specifically requests it. Please review the program’s admission requirements before beginning.
- Chapman’s GRE code for CSDCAS is 0690
Doctor of Pharmacy Applicants
- Doctor of Pharmacy applicants must apply using PharmCAS. All required documents and application fees should be sent directly to PharmCAS. Do not send any materials to Chapman University unless your program specifically requests it. Please review the program’s admission requirements before beginning.
- Chapman's Pharmacy school code is 183
Doctor of Physical Therapy Program Applicants
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) applicants must apply using PTCAS. All required documents and application fees should be sent directly to PTCAS. Do not send any materials to Chapman University unless your program specifically requests it. Please review the program’s admission requirements before beginning.
- Chapman’s GRE code for PTCAS is 7669
+ - Application Requirements
1. Supplemental Application Requirements
In addition to the general application, the following programs will require supplemental materials. You will be prompted to so submit these supplemental materials through the online application as you complete it. Please refer to the program’s website for specific supplemental requirements.
- Dodge College of Film and Media Arts - All Conservatory of Motion Picture applicants are required to submit their supplemental materials through SlideRoom.
- College of Education Studies – EdS School Psychology and MA School Counseling applicants are required to submit their supplemental application as part of the general application system.
- College of Performing Arts – MM Keyboard Collaborative Arts applicants are required to submit their supplemental materials through SlideRoom.
- Wilkinson College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences – MA in English and MFA in Creative Writing applicants are required to submit their supplemental materials as part of the general application system.
2. Application Fee
- Applicants submitting the general application are required to submit a $60 application fee through the online application system. Fee waiver information can be found on the online application, or by calling the Office of Graduate Admission directly.
- Applicants submitting a CAS application will only need to pay the CAS application fee.
3. Official Transcripts
- Applicants submitting a CAS application should send all their transcripts directly to CAS. Only send transcripts to Chapman if requested by the department. Please see the CAS application for specific transcript requirements.
- Applicants submitting the general application are required to submit official transcripts from all degree (bachelor’s, master’s, doctorate) granting colleges/universities attended. An official transcript submitted in a sealed envelope which you have received from your college/university is acceptable. Your application will not be considered complete until ALL required official transcripts have been received.
- Foreign Transcripts: Students submitting transcripts from foreign universities must submit official or unofficial transcripts in their native language as well as an English translation. An official or unofficial copy of the diploma in the native language as well as English translation will also be required to evaluate coursework. The English translation (verified true copies only) must be word for word, line by line. Include any additional documentation necessary to evaluate the transcript such as mark sheets, degree certificates, etc. If only one original transcript will be issued from the university, please send a notarized photocopy. Do not send the original as it will not be returned.
4. Official Test Scores (as required by your program)
- If your program requires an official test result, please have the testing service send scores directly to Chapman, or CAS.
- Official Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores are required for the following programs, regardless of GPA:
- Ph.D. in Education (Code: 4047)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (Code: 7669)
- MS Athletic Training (Code: 1772)
- MS Communication Sciences and Disorders (Code: 0690)
- MA School Counseling (Code: 4047)
- EdS School Psychology (Code: 4047)
- MS Health and Strategic Communication (Code: 4047)
- MS Food Science (Code: 4047)
- MS Economic Systems Design (Code: 4047)
- MS & PhD Computational and Data Sciences (Code: 4047)
- MBA Programs (may also take GMAT, check program requirements) (Code: 4047)
- All Credential programs in the College of Educational Studies require a graduate admission test only if your cumulative grade point average (GPA) of your bachelor’s degree is below a 2.75.
- The MA Marriage and Family Therapy program requires official GRE scores only if your cumulative GPA is below a 3.30.
- Official PCAT scores are required for Doctor of Pharmacy applicants.
- For all other programs, a graduate admission test is required if the cumulative GPA of your bachelor’s degree is below a 3.00. If the cumulative GPA is between 2.5 and 2.99 you may be considered for admission by submitting a satisfactory test score. Please refer to the current Chapman University Graduate Course Catalog for program specific acceptable tests and minimum score requirements.
- All programs require a minimum of two recommendation letters. Some programs may require recommendations from specific sources. Please refer to the online application for specific department requirements.
- Please check your program’s specific requirements regarding a resumé or CV. If one is required, include any paid and unpaid experience relevant to the program to which you are applying.
7. Statement of Intent
- Please check your program’s specific requirement regarding the statement of intent as some programs require specific information to be addressed in your statement.
+ - International Student Information
English Language Exam
International applicants whose native language is not English must submit English language test scores. Acceptable exams include Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or Pearson Test of English (PTE Academic).
Conservatory of Motion Pictures (Dodge College), Ph.D. Education and Ph.D. Computational Science applicants must achieve a minimum score of:
– TOEFL: 600 (PBT) or 100 (iBT)
– IELTS: 7.0
– PTEA: 68
– CAE: Level C1
MBA applicants must achieve a minimum score of:
– TOEFL: 600 (PBT) or 87 (iBT)
– IELTS: 7.0
– PTEA: 59
– CAE: Level C1
All other MS and MA Applicants must achieve a minimum score of:
– TOEFL: 550 (PBT) or 80 (iBT)
– IELTS: 6.5
– PTEA: 53
– CAE: Level C1
International Graduate Student Supplemental Form
International students must submit the International Graduate Student Supplemental form and supporting documentation to show sufficient funding to support the student for one full year of study. Appropriate documentation (U.S. Immigration I-20) will not be issued without appropriate financial certification. Financial certification information will be kept confidential by Chapman University and must be certified by a bank. Only limited financial aid is available and given directly by the program to which the student is applying.
*Due to new government regulations, we are unable to accept international students into the following programs at this time: Doctor of Pharmacy and MMS Physician Assistant Studies. We hope to be able to accept students for the next academic year. We apologize for any inconvenience and look forward to receiving your application at that time. For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
+ - Re-applicant/Re-enrollment
You are considered a re-applicant if you have previously applied to a graduate program, were not accepted, and would like to apply to the same or another program. Please submit a completed Reapplication Form to the Office of Graduate Admission
If you were previously enrolled in a program within the last seven years and discontinued the program for any reason, you can apply for reenrollment by submitting a completed Application for Graduate Re-enrollment to the Office of the Registrar.