»2013 Conferences & Events
- Struggle Between the Seas
- New Perspectives on the 1973 Arab-Israeli War
- On Friday, March 8, the Center for Global Education & the Peace Studies Program of Wilkinson
College hosted an academic conference
highlighting the conflict in Nagorno Karabakh. The keynote speaker, U.S.
Ambassador Robert Bradtke, Former Co-Chair of the Minsk Process, spoke on the Madrid Process and a
search for peaceful settlement.
Download the Conference Program for more information on the schedule of events, historical information, and speaker biographies.
Additional speakers included:
- George Zarubin, Eurasia Partnership Foundation
- Alexandros Petersen, Advisor, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
- Tracey German, UK Ministry of Defense Staff College
- Asbed Kotchikian, Lecturer, Bentley University
- Thomas de Waal, Senior Associate, Caucasus, Carnegie Endowment for International Peace
- Ambassador Rudolf Perina (retired), Former Sr. Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for European & Canadian Affairs
- E.Wayne Merry, Senior Fellow for Europe and Eurasia, American Foreign Policy Council
- Taleh Ziyadov, Research Fellow, Azerbaijan Diplomatic Academy (ADA)
On January 31, 2013 CIA’s Historical Collections Division joined Chapman to discuss the newly declassified documents regarding the 1973 Arab-Israeli War. More than 3,200 pages of material have become available, revealing highlights from over 400 declassified documents.
Invited Panelists included:
Peter B. Nyren - CIA Historical Collections Division
Matt Penney - CIA Historical Collections Division
Dr. Nubar Hovsepian - Associate Professor of Political Science, Wilkinson College of Humanities and Social Sciences