Chapman staff and faculty who have mailboxes on the Chapman Exchange Server can use Outlook Web Access (OWA) to access their Chapman email accounts over the web. Please see the Email Usage Guidelines for tips on using email appropriately at Chapman University.
»Email for Faculty and Staff
+-Accessing Email through a Web Browser
- Microsoft Exchange - Many Faculty and Staff may access their email through the web via Microsoft Exchange.
- WebMail - After October 18th, 2013, WebMail will no longer be available to Faculty and Staff. All Faculty and Staff will have a Microsoft Exchange email account.
+-Forgot Userid or Password
Chapman email uses your network userid and password to log into Microsoft Outlook (Exchange) Web Access.
If you forgot your password please use the Forgot Password link on our Password Help page.
+-Chapman University Quarantined Email Messages
Chapman University IS&T has implemented an additional feature to our email system. The feature will separate suspicious email messages from regular email, and place them in a quarantine area managed by Chapman email users.
What is phishing?
A kind of fraud perpetrated over email. It is a type of identity theft.The goal of a phishing is to trick you into giving out your email login name and password. Learn more about phishing and how to prevent its unwanted consequences.
What are suspicious or quarantined email messages?
Emails that contain spam, phishing attempts and other objectionable content.
How will I receive quarantined notifications?
If you are sent new suspicious messages they will be captured by the quarantine manager. Then once a day in your Inbox, you will receive an email listing any new quarantined email. The message will be from email@example.com. If there are no new quarantine messages, then you will not receive an email.
What does the quarantined email notification look like?
The below are descriptions of the notification fields:
- Delete: Permanently deletes the email message
- Release: Delivers quarantined email to your inbox
- Score: Emails are scored on a scale from 1 to 10 based on the likelihood that they are Spam. The minimum score is 0 (definitely not spam) and the maximum is 10 (definitely spam). Emails that score a 10 are automatically blocked by the system.
- From: This is the sender of the message
- Subject: Subject of the message
- Date: The date the message was sent.
How long are quarantine messages held?
Initially, messages in your daily Quarantine Manager will be held for 90 days. After 90 days, the messages will automatically be deleted unless action is taken.
What if I delete a quarantined email message?
A deleted quarantined message cannot be retrieved.
Why am I not receiving a Chapman Quarantine notification email?
You will only receive a Chapman Quarantine notification if the system blocked suspected spam messages. If no emails were held, you will not receive a notification email.
What if I ignore the notification emails?
If you take no action, the messages in your quarantine will automatically be deleted after 90 days.
Now that Chapman Quarantine Manager is being used, should I turn off Spam/Junk in my Outlook?
We recommend leaving your Spam/Junk email filters alone in your Outlook email box. With Chapman Quarantine Manager you should see less spam being filtered into your Exchange Junk email folder.
As always, periodically check your Junk email folder to make sure that no wanted email has been filtered there in error.
How do I check my quarantine items using the web interface?
Go to https://junkmail.chapman.edu/MQMUserUI. There are cases where you will be prompted to login with your Chapman credentials. You can confirm the legitimacy of this Chapman website by visiting our Campus Computing site for general Security FAQs
How do I get an email that is not spam out of my quarantine?
There are two ways:
- From your quarantined email notification, click on Release for the appropriate email. Release will deliver the email to your inbox.
- From the web page; https://junkmail.chapman.edu/MQMUserUI, check the box next to the email you would like to release, click on Release, Release will deliver the email to your inbox.
How do I add addresses to my Safe List/Whitelist?
A Whitelist or Safe Senders List is a list of senders not held even if the message matches spam rules.
Go to https://junkmail.chapman.edu/MQMUserUI, check the box next to the email you would like to whitelist, next to Queue click on the down arrow next to All Items, select, SPAM, then next to More Actions select Submit as Non-Spam and Whitelist, and click on Go to Whitelist.
How do I add addresses to my Unsafe List/Blacklist?
A Blacklist or Blocked Senders List blocks messages regardless of content, unless a whitelist entry is also present. If you continue to receive spam email in your inbox, you can add the offending address to your blacklist.
Go to https://junkmail.chapman.edu/MQMUserUI, check the box next to the email you would like to blacklist, click on the down arrow next to More Actions, select Blacklist and click on Go.
How do I view my Whitelist and Blacklist?
Go to https://junkmail.chapman.edu/MQMUserUI, in the upper left side, select Your Account, on top of the menu select Whitelist or Blacklist.
What if I am still receiving spam email to my inbox?
No anti-spam system is 100% accurate. If you continue to receive spam email in your inbox, you can add the offending address to your blacklist. Go to https://junkmail.chapman.edu/MQMUserUI, check the box next to the email you would like to blacklist, click on the down arrow next to More Actions, select Blacklist and click on Go.
Which browsers are supported?
Internet Explorer and Firefox are recommended and fully supported. Chrome and Safari will likely work. However, the support for Chrome and Safari is limited.
What is McAfee Customer Submission Tool (MCST)?
It is a plugin for Microsoft Outlook that allows you to report unwanted email, or spam, to McAfee. Once installed, your Outlook program will have toolbar buttons and menus enabling you to report spam/phishing messages to McAfee for further analysis and help prevent further spam or you can submit good emails that were wrongly identified as spam.
How do I install MCST?
Download and install the McAfee Customer Submission Tool for Outlook by using the LANDesk portal or by submitting a request to our Service Desk; email firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 714-997-6600, online servicedesk.chapman.edu.
Note: Once installed, make sure NOT to check the section Enable submission to McAfee Quarantine Manager.
How to use the McAfee Customer Submission Tool (MCST) in Outlook?
Select the spam/phish message and then click the Submit Spam or Submit Non-Spam icon on the toolbar.
What if I receive a Phishing message, whom do I send the report to?
Send the phishing email message to email@example.com and submit the unwanted email to McAfee by selecting the email and then clicking on Submit Spam in the Outlook toolbar.
+-How To Setup Exchange Email on iPhone/iPad
How to setup iPhone with new Exchange account
1. To add an Exchange account to your iOS device, tap Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account > Microsoft Exchange.
2. On the next screen, enter your complete email address, domain, username, password, and a description (which may be anything you like). Ask your Exchange Server administrator if you are unsure of the domain. If you are unable to view your folder list, or are unable to send or receive email, leave the domain field blank.
3. Your iOS device will now try to locate your Exchange Server using Microsoft's Autodiscovery service. If it cannot locate the server, you will see the screen below. Enter your front-end Exchange Server's complete address in the Server field. Contact your Exchange Server administrator if you are unsure of the address.
Your iOS device will try to create a secure (SSL) connection to your Exchange Server. If it cannot do this, it will try a non-SSL connection. To override the SSL setting, go into Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your Exchange account, tap Account Info, then toggle the Use SSL slider.
After successfully making a connection to the Exchange Server, you may be prompted to change your device passcode to match whatever policies may have been set on your server.
4. Choose which type or types of data you would like to synchronize: Mail, Contacts, and Calendars. Note that by default, only three days' worth of email is synchronized. To synchronize more, go into Settings, then Mail, Contacts, Calendars, select your Exchange account, and tap on Mail days to sync.
Note that after configuring an Exchange ActiveSync account, all existing contact and calendar information on the iOS device is overwritten. Additionally, iTunes no longer syncs contacts and calendars with your desktop computer. You can still sync your iOS device wirelessly with MobileMe services.
+-How To Remove Email on iPhone/iPad
How to Remove Old Account from iPhone
Delete an email account
From the Home screen choose Settings:
Then click on Mail, Contacts, Calendars:
Tap an account arrow on the right to Expand to Advanced:
Tap an account, then scroll down and tap Delete Account.
You will be prompted with this screen:
“Deleting this account will remove its mail from your iPhone”
Tap Delete Account, and the account has been removed.
+-How To Setup Exchange Email on Windows 8
How to Add Exchange Email on Windows 8
From the start page chose Mail icon:
*If you already have another type of account set up –
- Within the mail program swipe from right side of the screen
- Choose settings
- Then accounts
- Choose add an account
- Then choose Exchange
Choose "Exchange" as the email account type
Type your Chapman username and password at the prompt
Choose "Enforce these policies"
+-How to Setup Exchange Email on Android
How to Setup Exchange Email on Android
Android email set up varies from device to device, to set up your android device do the following:
1. Go to Settings
2. Then open Accounts
3. Tap on Add Account
4. Choose Exchange Activesync, Microsoft Exchange, or Corporate for the account type
5. You may need to provide all or some of the following
a. Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
b. Account: chapmanedu\username
c. Password: Your Chapman password
d. Domain name: chapmanedu
6. Check the check box to use an SSL connection
7. You will get a warning that Exchange has security features that will need to be enforced. You must agree to this to get email on your device.
8. Choose the items you want to sync on your device.
+-How to Setup Exchange on a Mac
- Open Outlook for Mac 2011. On the Tools menu, click Accounts
- In the lower-left corner of the Accounts dialog box, click +, and then click Exchange.
- On the Enter your Exchange account information page, type your e-mail address.
- Under Authentication, make sure User Name and Password is selected.
- In User name, type chapman.edu\(username).
- Make sure Configure automatically is selected, and then click Add Account.
- After you click Add Account, Outlook will perform an online search to find your e-mail server settings. In the dialog box that asks you if you want to allow the server to configure your settings, select the Always use my response for this server check box, and then click Allow.
If Outlook is able to set up your account, you'll see the account you set up in the left pane of the Accounts dialog box. Close the Accounts dialog box. If Outlook isn't able to set up your account, contact the Service Desk at 714-997-6600 or email@example.com for assistance.
+-Service Desk Support
- Information Systems & Technology
- Service Desk+
- Software and Services+
- Network Services+
- Computer Labs+
- »Software in Labs»Computer Lab Reservations»Schedule of Events
- PantherMail for students
- Purchase Agreements+
- Computing for Residence Halls
- Email for Faculty & Staff+
- PeopleSoft Enterprise Resource Planning
- Blackboard: Students+
- Media Services
- Informations Systems & Technologies+