Off-campus students are members of our community too! The Office of Housing & Residence Life offers programs, involvement opportunities, and resources so that students living off campus can still get the most from their experience at Chapman University.
- Programs & Workshops
- Student Involvement
- Commuter Info
Upcoming Events for Spring 2014
- Thursday, February 27, 2014: Landlord Summit (Beckman Hall, Room 404), 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 27, 2014: Landlord Summit (Beckman Hall, Room 404), 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 30, 2014: Landlord Summit (Beckman Hall, Room 404), 6:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Thursday, March 13, 2014: Off Campus Housing Information Session (AF 209A), 3:30 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, March 18, 2014: Off Campus Housing Information Session (AF 209A), 10:00 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, April 8, 2014: Off Campus Housing Information Session (AF 209A), 12:00 p.m. - 1:30 p.m.
- Monday, April 14, 2014: Off Campus Housing Information Session (AF 209A), 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 16, 2014: Off Campus Housing Fair (Attallah Piazza), 11:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
- Thursday, May 1, 2014: Off Campus Housing Information Session (TBA), 2:00 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 7, 2014: Off Campus Housing Information Session (TBA), 11:00 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.
Off-Campus Commuter Council (OC3)
The Off-Campus Commuter Council (OC3) provides opportunities for off-campus students to connect with the Chapman community and create a sense of belonging. In addition, we serve as a resource for more information about off-campus housing. Through organized events, such as socials and workshops, we can help you learn more about prospective housing, employment, and internship opportunities.
Contact us if you are interested in obtaining more information about OC3.
The mission of the Commuter Club is to facilitate connections between off-campus students. As a recognized student organization, we provide activities and social events for commuter students to bond and provide support for each other. Some of the events that we have done in the past include hikes to the Hollywood sign, annual Progressive dinners, and other social gatherings.
Contact us if you are interested in joining the Commuter Club.
FAQs: Got questions? We've got answers to your most frequently asked questions about off campus living.
Local Services Map: Wonder what shops and services are close to where you live? This map will help you navigate your life off campus.
Financial Aid: Students using financial aid must notify the Financial Aid Office before moving off campus.
Hotels and Accommodations: Are you visiting Orange to check out off campus housing options? This page will direct you to hotels in the area.
Student Conduct Code: Make sure you stay updated on the Student Conduct Code, which can still apply to students living off campus.
Cort Furniture Rental: Browse the largest furniture rental inventory in the world. High quality residential and commercial furnishings ready for delivery.
City of Orange: As Chapman University students, you are residents of the City of Orange. Their website will give you information on their policies, as well as how you can take advantage of all that Orange has to offer.
Renter's Rights & Tenants' Rights: Legal tips to help you know your rights as a renter.
Parking Services: A Chapman parking permit is required for any vehicles parking on campus. Please review this information for details on specific parking permit costs and designated parking areas. Failure to register your vehicle could result in a parking citation and/or towing your vehicle.
Parking Availability: Wondering which structures have available spaces? View the availability for the various parking structures and lots on the Chapman University campus here.
Real-time Shuttle Tracking: Don't stand and guess when the next shuttle will come! View a live map of each route displaying the vehicle's location and estimated arrival times.
Ride Share/Public Transit: Human Resources at Chapman University has put together information and an incentive program to help you get to and from campus.
OCTA Bus System Trip Planner: There are several stops on the Orange County Transit Authority’s bus lines that will get you to campus.
CA Department of Transportation: Make sure to check the traffic before making your commute!