1. If I want to complete an international internship, where do I go?
The Career Development Center only approves internships for academic credit if they are completed at domestically owned companies. However, to learn more about international internship opportunities, please visit the Center for Global Education.
2. What is the difference between the course numbers 290, 490, and 690?
290 is an independent internship course for freshman or sophomore students.
490 is an independent internship course for junior and senior students.
690 is an independent internship course for graduate-level students.
*Note: Freshman and sophomore students can register in a 490-level course with Department Chair approval.
3. If I choose to receive a registration verification letter on my application, when will it be sent to me?
Once you submit your application, your Faculty Advisor must approve your application. Once your Faculty Advisor approves it, the Career Development Center will review and approve your application and send it to the Registrar.
Please allow 5-7 business days for the Registrar to register you in your internship course. Once you are registered, you and your employer will receive the registration verification letter from the Career Development Center. If you have not received it 3-5 business days after your internship course appears on your class schedule, please contact the Career Development Center.
4. What is an Individualized Experiential Learning Project (IELP)? Does it have anything to do with the independent internship process?
Detailed information on Individualized Experiential Learning Projects and the application process can be found here.
5. How do I petition to late-add an internship course?
Please see the Petition Process section above.
6. Can a family member or Chapman student serve as my Site Supervisor?
No, a family member of Chapman student may not serve as your Site Supervisor.
7. How many semesters can I intern at the same location?
You may intern at the same location for academic credit for no more than two (2) semesters.
8. What is the maximum amount of internship credits I can receive through Chapman University?
You can earn 12 internship credits total throughout your time at Chapman.
9. I need to maintain my status as a full-time student to secure my financial aid for the semester, but I do not have my internship site confirmed yet. What do I do?
Prior to the add/drop deadline, contact the Career Development Center's Internship Coordinator, Claire Hauso, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (714) 744-7688 for details on how to register in an internship placeholder course.