Most students can benefit from meeting with a staff member who can evaluate their needs and introduce them to relevant services. The Career Development Center has an open-door policy 5 days a week for brief, 15-minute drop-in periods that what we call “Quick Questions.”
Quick Question Hours take place in AF 303 as follows:
- Monday-Friday: 10AM-12 p.m.
- Monday: 2 p.m.-4 p.m.
- Tuesday: 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Wednesday: 2 p.m.-4p.m.
- Thursday: 3 p.m.-5 p.m.
- Friday: 10 a.m.-12 p.m.
Services that the CDC can provide during Quick Questions are the following:
- Picking up handouts
- Reviewing job and internship postings
- Getting internship paperwork and turning in completed paperwork
- Clarifying policies and procedures
- Exploring, choosing, or changing majors
- Learning about jobs related to their major
- Taking career assessments such as the Strong Interest Inventory and the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
- Preparing resumes and cover letters and getting them critiqued
- Gaining interviewing skills through coaching, mock interviews, and feedback
- Developing job search strategies
- Finding out about internships
- Learning how to find part-time and full-time jobs
- Identifying and applying to graduate school
Click here to learn more about Quick Questions.