The goals and content of these programs center around personal dignity, diversity, equity, civility, and global citizenship. Through experience and knowledge gained from Cross-Cultural Engagement, students will:
- Engage with one another respectfully and with civility
- Strengthen their own framework of ethics and values
- Approach lifelong learning with compassion and open-mindedness
- Connect with a sense of global responsibility and unity
- Build just, caring, and accepting communities
One of the most critical aspects of a student’s college education is being able to live and learn in a welcoming, supportive and safe environment. Chapman focuses on developing and maintaining this valuable facet of student experience through Cross-Cultural Engagement.