- Bachelor’s Degree completed and conferred: Have met all degree requirements prior to the 2017 spring semester and have been conferred in August 2016 or January 2017.
- Bachelor’s Degree yet to be completed: Students who are of senior standing and have completed 90 credits or more may participate in the May 2017 Commencement Ceremonies. An Application for Degree Conferral must be on file no later than April 15, 2017. Petitions for exceptions to this policy will not be accepted.
- Master’s or Doctoral Degree completed and conferred: Have met all degree requirements prior to the 2017 spring semester and have been conferred in August 2016 or January 2017.
- Master’s or Doctoral Degree to be completed in May 2017: Have filed an Application for Degree Conferral for May 2017 by the application deadline of January 15, 2017 and have completed or are pending completion of all degree requirements by the end of the 2017 spring semester. Graduate students must pass any required comprehensive examinations in the 2017 spring semester.
- Walk Short of Completion of Credits: Have applied for degree conferral with an August 2017 conferral date, and by the end of the spring semester have only the degree requirements remaining as follows (note that students should refer to their program evaluation in PeopleSoft to identify these requirements):
A. Argyros School of Business and Economics: 8 credits remaining.
B. College of Educational Studies:
a. 6 remaining credits for all Master of Arts degrees.
b. All MA candidates must also do the following:
i. Be advised by a CES Program Coordinator/Advisor establishing a timeline for all degree requirements being completed, plus
ii. Submit a petition with approved signatures from the CES Program Coordinator and CES Associate Dean verifying that advising has been completed.
c. Ph.D. students are required to complete all work and defend the dissertation successfully. For complete information, contact the Ph.D. Program Director.
C. Dodge College of Film and Media Arts: all requirements must be completed.
D. Crean College of Health and Behavioral Sciences:
a. 6 credits remaining for all master's degrees, plus pass required comprehensive examinations in the spring semester.
b. Doctor of Physical Therapy graduates should consult with the department to discuss requirements for participation in hooding and conferral exercises.
E. Wilkinson College of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences: 6 credits remaining plus pass all required comprehensive examinations in the spring semester.
F. Schmid College of Science and Technology: 6 credits remaining for all master's degrees, plus pass required comprehensive examinations in the spring semester.
*Requests for exceptions to this policy must be directed to the graduate student's school of study.
For questions regarding your Application or Degree Conferral, please contact the Registrar's office.