- Bachelor’s Degree completed and conferred: Have met all degree requirements prior to the 2014 spring semester and have been conferred in August 2013 or January 2014.
- Bachelor’s Degree yet to be completed: Students who are of senior standing and have completed 90 credits or more may participate in the May 2014 Commencement Ceremonies. An Application for Degree Conferral must be on file no later than April 30, 2014. Petitions for exceptions to this policy will not be accepted.
- Master’s or Doctoral Degree completed and conferred: Have met all degree requirements prior to the 2014 spring semester and have been conferred in August 2013 or January 2014.
- Master’s or Doctoral Degree to be completed in May 2014: Have filed an Application for Degree Conferral for May 2014 by the application deadline of January 15, 2014 and have completed or are pending completion of all degree requirements by the end of the 2014 spring semester. Graduate students must pass any required comprehensive examinations in the 2014 spring semester.
- Walk Short of Completion of Credits: Have applied for degree conferral with an August 2014 conferral date, and by the end of the spring semester have only the degree requirements remaining as follows (note that students should refer to their program evaluation in WebAdvisor to identify these requirements):
A. Argyros School of Business and Economics: 8 credits remaining.
B. Dodge College of Film and Media Arts: all requirements must be completed.
C. College of Educational Studies:
a. 9 remaining credits for all Master of Arts degrees.
b. 10 credits remaining for the Master of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders degree.
c. All MA and MS candidates must also do the following:
i. Be advised by a CES Program Coordinator/Advisor establishing a timeline for all degree requirements being completed, plus
ii.Submit a petition with approved signatures from the CES Program Coordinator and CES Associate Dean verifying that advising has been completed.
d. Ph.D. students are required to complete all work and defend the dissertation successfully. For complete information, contact the Ph.D. Program Director.
D. Wilkinson College of Humanities and Social Sciences: 6 credits remaining plus pass all required comprehensive examinations in the spring semester.
E. Schmid College of Science and Technology:
a. 6 credits remaining for all master's degrees, plus pass required comprehensive examinations in the spring semester.
b. Doctor of Physical Therapy graduates should consult with the department to discuss requirements for participation in hooding and conferral exercises.
*Requests for exceptions to this policy must be directed to the graduate student's school of study.
For questions regarding your Application or Degree Conferral, please contact the Registrar's office.