If you have fulfilled the Preparatory Skills requirement, then you can move on to placement in pre-calculus or a Quantitative Inquiry course. Most of the courses which fulfill the Quantitative Inquiry area of GE require MATH 104 (pre-calculus) as a prerequisite.
Students who meet one of the following criteria may enroll directly in a Quantitative Inquiry course:
- A score of 650 or higher on the mathematics portion of the SAT
- A score of 29 or higher on the mathematics portion of the ACT
- A score of 3 or higher on the AP Calculus AB exam
- A score of 3 or higher on the AP Statistics exam (for Math 203)
- A score of 3 or higher on the AP Computer Science exam (for CPSC 230)
- A passing score on any of the math HL IB exams
If you are not sure that you meet any of the above criteria, you should look on your program evaluation. If the MATH 104 prerequisite has been met, it will show as a MATH 104 waiver (this will likely be on the last page of your program evaluation, under "other courses"):
(Click on the picture for a larger version)
A link to the Math Placement Test website will be included in the Resource section at the end of the tutorial.
For any questions regarding Math Placement testing, please contact:
Carole Wayman, Testing Administrator, at (714) 628-7386
|« PREVIOUS||NEXT »|