This program guarantees excellent Health Science students a seat in Chapman University’s Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program and makes them eligible for scholarship money awarded to outstanding, incoming DPT students.
Students eligible for early, guaranteed admission into Chapman University’s Doctor of Physical Therapy program must meet the following criteria.
- B.S. in Health Sciences core courses (BIOL 204, BIOL 210, BIOL 365,
BIOL 366, CHEM 140, CHEM 150, PHYS 107, PHYS 108, and PSY 203):
- Must be taken at Chapman University
- May only be taken once
- Must be taken for a letter grade
- Must be completed by the end of the spring semester junior year
- Must compute to a core GPA > 3.6
- Before October 1 of the junior year, the student seeking guaranteed, early admission must schedule an interview with Serena Healy (email@example.com), DPT Admissions Coordinator, to review requirements and establish a plan to complete successfully the requirements for early, guaranteed admission.
- Graduate Record Exam (GRE) must be taken before the beginning of the senior year with the following minimum scores earned:
- Verbal 153
- Quantitative 148
- Writing Sample 5.0
- Students meeting the stated requirements will be admitted to the DPT
program in the early fall of their senior year on a conditional basis
until the following criteria for admission are complete:
- 40 physical therapy observational/experience hours are completed and documented
- All B.S. Health Science degree requirements are completed and degree bestowed by the University
- Cumulative GPA at graduation > 3.4
- Students admitted on a conditional basis will be considered for scholarship awards.