Chapman University encourages faculty to seek external funding to help support their scholarship. There are many sources and types of funding available to support faculty research, programatic, and creative activities, so it can be difficult to find the right funding source for your particular area of interest. Below are links to some valuable resources to begin your search.
+-External Funding Resources
- COS Pivot - Chapman University subscribes to COS Pivot, an online, searchable database that includes federal, state, local, international, and private funding opportunities. Faculty can search by funding type, funding source, keywords, deadline dates, and many other search criteria. This service is free to all Chapman faculty, staff and students if you register with your Chapman email account.
COS Pivot also contains searchable faculty profiles including information about research interests and recent publications. Faculty can claim their profile and update it to receive targeted funding opportunities. Faculty can also search for potential collaborators internally and externally.
- COS Pivot Quick Start and Training Guide
- Claiming/Creating and updating your profile (requires you to login)
- Grants.gov - An online clearinghouse to search for grant and cooperative agreement opportunities from the 26 federal grant-making agencies. It is free to use and individuals do not need to register to conduct searches.
- Federal Contracts - FedBizOpps.gov - A database of federal government contracting opportunities
+-External Funding Agencies
- U.S. Department of Education
- National Science Foundation
- National Institutes of Health
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- National Aeronautics and Space Administration
- Department of Energy
- Department of Justice
- Internal Revenue Service
- State of California Grants
- CA Department of Education Grants
- CA Emergency Management Agency (CalEMA) Grants
- CA Energy Commission Grants
- American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS Advancing the Humanities) Fellowships & Grants
- Research Corporation for Science Advancement Grants
- Henry Luce Foundation
- Lilly Endowment Grants
- Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Grants and Fellowships
- John Templeton Foundation Grants
- American Association of University Women (AAUW) Grants and Fellowships