The Admission Process
- Eligible students will have completed roughly 75 credits or more of their undergraduate coursework with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher AND prerequisite coursework or equivalent preparation with a cumulative GPA of 3.6 or higher.
- Submit one letter of recommendation from an individual familiar with the applicant's academic abilities.
- Achieve an acceptable score on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE).
- Submit application for admission by June 15th after their junior year of college.
- Complete a personal Interview.
Additional requirements for transfer students:
- Be admitted at Chapman University in the undergraduate program of their choice
- Initiate communication with Admissions of interest in the integrated five-year undergraduate/MSESD
- Foreign applicants who are transferring from another institution may be required to achieve an acceptable score on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)
2013-2014 Academic Year Undergraduate Prerequisite Courses (25 credits):
|MATH 210||Multivariable Calculus*||3|
|CPSC 236||CPSC 236 Visual Programming*||3|
|MATH 361 OR
||Advanced Experimental Design and Statistics*|
|ECON 471||Experimental Economics I*||3|
|ECON 481||Economic Systems Design I*||3|
|ECON 489||Seminar in Economic Science 2
|ECON 530||Computational Economics**||4|
|ECON 582||Economic Systems Design II**||4|
*Equivalent preparation may be used to fulfill these requirements.
**Units must be completed during undergraduate study and may not be used to satisfy the undergraduate major or degree.
Students must submit application for admission by June 15th after their junior year in college.