The Pre-Pharmacy “Freshman Early Assurance” Program (FEAP) is a 2-3 PharmD Degree Program for academically exceptional graduating high school students who desire to become a pharmacist. Students who are accepted into this program would complete the Chapman University School of Pharmacy (CUSP) course pre-requisites at Chapman University in Orange, CA, and receive a conditional acceptance into the CUSP PharmD program. After completion of the pre-requisites and fulfillment of the Special Admission Requirements, students would matriculate into the 3-year Doctor of Pharmacy Program at the Rinker Health Science Campus in Irvine.
»Pre-Pharmacy “Freshman Early Assurance” Program
+-What are the requirements to be accepted into this program?
This is a competitive program and we expect the seat limited early action freshman admitted group will have the following characteristics.
- Exceptional high school mathematics and science credentials, such as significant AP credits
- Strong records of extracurricular activities
- Demonstrated ability and readiness to meet the discipline of a rigorous pre-pharmacy and pharmacy professional curriculum
- Verbal and math SAT scores anticipated to be greater than 1340 (ACT 30) with Critical Writing SAT of 670 (ACT 30) or greater.
- GPA equal to 3.75 or more.
- Excel in the first of two required interviews by multiple CUSP faculty to explore professional potential
+-What are the special admission requirements?
- For acceptance into FEAP
- Compose an essay on why you feel you would make a good pharmacist
- Two letters of recommendations from 1) a math or science teacher, and 2) a health professional who is knowledgeable of your character (preferred) or an additional teacher who is knowledgeable of your character.
- For continuing matriculation to professional program
- Complete all prerequisite courses with a 3.0 GPA minimum and no grade below a C.
- Pass a second admission interview in your 3rd semester as an undergraduate by multiple CUSP faculty to reconfirm your commitment to the profession, professional demeanor, and test your ability to clearly communicate empathically with patients and health team members.
+-What are the pre-requisite courses I would take at Chapman University?
+-Perks of the Program
- A conditional guarantee of admission to the Doctor of Pharmacy (PharmD) program as an entering undergraduate
- Exemption from the PCAT
- Mentoring by renowned faculty
- Seminars and social events
- Exposure to several types of pharmacy environments and pharmacists
+-Is the 2-3 program right for you?
- Are you passionate about a career in Pharmacy where you can help patients improve their health through the proper use of medications? Or Are you interested in a career in the pharmaceutical or medical device industry?
- Do you take challenging classes (honors, AP, IB College-level classes)?
- Do you do well academically?
- Do you perform exceptionally well on standardized tests (SAT, ACT SATII)?
- Do you have strong leadership skills and/or other special talents?
- Do you have a strong history of community service/extracurricular activities?