Dr. Angeliki Kanavou
- Office Hours:
- Tue. 2:30 - 3:30 p.m.; Thu. 5-7 p.m. and by appt.
- Freshman Foundations Program
- Panteion University, Bachelor of Arts
University of Southern California, Master of Arts
University of Southern California, Ph.D. in Peace Studies
- Dr. Kanavou is Assistant Professor of Political Science and Peace Studies and joined the Chapman faculty in 2006. She received her Ph.D. from the School of International Relations at the University of Southern California, and has been a visiting fellow at the University of Notre Dame. Her teaching and research interests include political psychology, conflict resolution, peace studies, negotiation/mediation, and security studies.
- Recent Creative, Scholarly Work and Publications
"The Lingering Effects of Thought Reform: The Khmer Rouge S-21 Prison Personnel" Journal of Human Rights Practice, Forthcoming
“The Peace Studies/Disability Nexus,” International Journal of Disability, Forthcoming
“Anathemas and Blessings: Negotiating Group Identity and State Ownership through the Constitution in Cyprus, 1959-1974,” Mediterranean Quarterly, Winter 2012.
Contributing Editor for Ethnic and Racial Studies, 2011