- State Legislative Information
- State Government Information
- California Statutes
- Local Government Information
- The California State Assembly Web Page allows you to search for legislation in the current or immediately previous session by text, bill number, author, or topic. Once you have retrieved a bill, you can get extensive legislative history on it. This database also provides a member directory, committee directory, legislative calendar, the chief clerk's office, the Democratic caucus, the Republican caucus, etc.
- This Assembly Home Page provides for searching for Assembly District numbers using street addresses. Also included are Assembly Legislators with their biographies, office addresses, and District maps. Each Representative listed includes his Committee memberships and authored bills. Also present are the lists of Republican and Democratic caucus members, and Legislative calendars.
- The California State Senate permits access to legislation in the current session and the session immediately previous by bill text or number, and for status, analyses, history, and votes. It also provides means to search the California Code and access to press releases, Senator's Homepages, Senate Committees and Offices, Legislative Schedules, Ballot Measures, and Election News.
- The meta-indexes for state and local information provides state maps and state government information. Also included are a list of local court cases (court calendars, new Superior and Municipal Court lawsuits) and filings which appeared in the San Diego Daily Transcript approximately eight days earlier. Local Rules for San Diego and other counties, lists of law firms with their members, local legal news, perviously-advertised public notices, community housing profiles and local crime statistics are also presented.
- California Government portal website provides access to information on California, at the state, county, and municipal levels.
- The National Conference of State Legislatures provides information about state legislatures, a guide to the National Conference of State Legislatures, and links to state legislature sites.
- Legal news for California provides headlines and blurbs about news of interest to California attorneys. To get more information about a particular item, select the hypertext title, and the complete article is provided.
This site contains California Codes, along with a search engine for individually reading each of the California Codes' table of contents. These Codes can also be searched using keywords appearing in the text, or by code names with their section numbers prioritiezed by the number of keyword occurrences in the cited legislation's text. The California State Statutes, which are available beginning with 1991, may be accessed by chapter number and year, or by keyword. If the Statute's year is not included in the search site, the text of all the chapter numbers appearing in the database will be presented. Also included in the California Constitution, which may be searched through its Table of Contents, article number, or by keyword.
- The Orange County Homepage contains mostly general information about Orange County, but it also has Board Agendas, Minutes, and Supervisors' Agendas, web pages for the various county agencies, and county job listings.
- Cities and Counties:
- This Cities Site provides access to information about a number of cities in California, including some information about local government in Orange County.
- This Counties Site provides access to information about a number of Counties in California, including some information about local government in Orange County.
- The database of California cities online can be sorted by city name, county, or League division.
- This site for Los Angeles City Government includes information regarding Municipal Court and the Los Angeles Police Department, as well as other general information about Los Angeles. This includes classified advertisements, job descriptions submitted by potential employers, and resumes submitted by job seekers. In addition to the Los Angeles area, data access is also available for San Francisco and for direct topical searches for news, media, travel, business, health, real estate, lodging, libraries, weather, and photos of historical landmarks.
In Adobe Acrobat Format:
- California Research Overview (.pdf)
- California Statutory Law (.pdf)
- California Administrative law (.pdf)
Notice: Although every effort is taken to make sure that the web-addresses linked herein are current, the Web is growing and changing constantly.
Contact Lorin Geitner if you find a link that does not work, and it will be updated.
We welcome suggestions for law websites which would be useful additions to this site.