The Law Library Interlibrary Loan (ILL) office is located at the Circulation Desk and is open Monday – Friday 8 a.m.–9 p.m. For ILL questions, including information about the status of requests, contact the ILL office at (714) 628-2541 or in person. Send email inquiries to Brendan Starkey: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Our ILL service is available to Chapman University's Fowler School of Law faculty, staff and currently enrolled students. There is no charge.
- Before submitting, search the catalogs and electronic databases for BOTH the Law Library and Leatherby Libraries to make sure that the material is not available on campus.
- Submit requests, using the online ILL Request Form or a paper form, available at the Circulation Desk.
- ILL requests are processed within one working day. It takes an average of seven working days for the material to arrive.
- You will be notified via email when the material arrives.
- Items obtained for faculty will be delivered to their mailboxes.
- Physical items may be picked up at the Circulation Desk.
- If material is received electronically, it will be emailed to you.
- Retrieve items promptly after being notified of receipt and return materials to the Circulation Desk on or before the due date.
- The normal loan period is one month. Renewals are usually possible; contact the ILL office.
- You are liable for any lost or damaged materials.
The Law Library is a supplier in OCLC. All requests should be sent to the symbol 'CKX' in OCLC. Please consult the OCLC Policies Directory for more lending details or phone the ILL office if you are a business or institution and do not have access to OCLC.