Now that you are home, there are many ways to continue your study abroad experience and use your newly acquired skills and interests. Maybe even going abroad again! Read below for ways you can continue your international experiences on campus, or attend a Southern California Lessons from Abroad Conference for a day of sessions and workshops to learn how to apply your international experience now that you're back.
» Continue Your Study Abroad Experience At Home
+ - International Initiatives on Campus
- Check out any international-related student organizations at Chapman
- Consider earning a minor in a foreign language
- Enter the Center for Global Education Photo Contest
- Look out for any international-related conferences or international research opportunities on campus
+ - Go Abroad Again!
- Study abroad again for a semester in a completely different type of location
- If you are unable to study abroad for another semester, consider a Travel Course during summer or interterm
- Get work experience and intern abroad as a Chapman student during the summer
- GRIT Program provides the resources and knowledge for students to make a positive global impact
+ - Work or Volunteer Abroad
The following organizations are not affiliated, reviewed, or approved by Chapman. We encourage you to research any organization that provides work or volunteer experience abroad on their ethical values and practice in terms of program design, support resources, sustainability, and impact on the host community. View the Ethics of International Volunteering and Questions you should Ask Volunteer Organizations from Idealist.org. Also read on caution of volunteering at orphanages while volunteer traveling at Orphanages.no.
- Adventure Teaching: Find out more about ESL teaching positions in China and Korea
- BUNAC: Working Adventures Worldwide
- CIEE.org: Teach in Chile, China, Dominican Republic, South Korea, Spain, or Thailand
- Cross-Cultural Solutions: Volunteer abroad programs
- EU Blue Card: Work and live in Europe!
- EuroJobs: Job search in the European Union
- Green Corps: Environmental Leadership Training Program
- i to i Volunteer: Short term volunteer and travel
- iHipo: Network for young professionals looking at international careers
- Idealist.org: Search engine for volunteer opportunities all over the world
- JET Program: Get trained and teach English in Japan
- Monster.com International: Database for international jobs
- NAFSA: Jobs in international education
- Peace Corps: Volunteer around the world to promote peace. Contact Julia Capizzi, Orange County Regional Representative (firstname.lastname@example.org or 855-855-1961)
- PlanetAuPair: Au pair work in Europe
- Oxfam: International development and aid organization
- Rotary.org: Provides humanitarian service and help build goodwill and peace in the world
- TEFL Job Placement: Teach English as a foreign language
- TEFL Search: Search for jobs abroad teaching English
- Transitions Abroad: Portal for work abroad, cultural travel, and living overseas
- Universal Giving: UniversalGiving (UG) is a non-profit based in San Francisco that connects volunteers and donors with international service projects.
- UN.org: Information on UN programs, employment, and internship opportunities
- U.S. Department of State: Government careers such as Foreign Service Officers. Also visit the Diplomat in Residence for Southern California Facebook page for information.
- World Affairs Council: Work to engage and educate Americans on international affairs
+ - Graduate Programs Abroad
- Across the Pond: Find Graduate schools in the United Kingdom
- ASPIA.org: Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs
- Bath Spa University: Learn about post-graduate opportunities through Bath Spa
- GradSchools.com: International graduate programs in the U.S.
- GoAbroad.com: Degree abroad search
- InternationalGraduate.net: Graduate opportunities worldwide
- ISA Masters Degree Programs: allow students to enroll in a graduate program at an institution abroad while receiving personalized support from ISA
Financing Graduate School, Work, or Research Abroad