Students may apply to external study abroad scholarships outside of Chapman University. Students will need to research various options to find ones that meet their needs and eligibility. Please note these scholarships have various deadlines; many applications are due early in the semester prior to your study abroad. Award methods must be arranged independently with the scholarship provider and will not be included in Chapman financial aid packages. The following resources are provided to help guide your search.
» Additional Scholarships for Study Abroad
+ - Program Provider Scholarships
+ - Country or Region-Specific Scholarships
- Benjamin Franklin Travel Grant - France
- Boren Awards - Africa, Asia, Central & Eastern Europe, Eurasia, Latin America, and the Middle East
- Bridging Scholarships - Japan
- BUTEX Scholarships - United Kingdom universities
- DAAD Germany
- Education New Zealand
- Global Korea Scholarship
- ISA Internship Scholarship - Australia, New Zealand, Shanghai, Hong Kong, Santiago
- ItaliaRail.com - Italy
- Japan Student Services Organizations
- LivFund - Latin America
- Live Like Ally Memorial Scholarship through ISA - New Zealand
- National Italian American Foundation Scholarship - Italy
- TCA Study Abroad In Turkey Scholarships For African American, Hispanic American, Native American and Filipino American Students
- ThinkSwiss Research Scholarship - Switzerland
+ - General Study Abroad Scholarships
- Chapman Financial Aid Scholarships
- Fullbright Scholarship
- Fund for Education Abroad
- FundMyTravel (Create campaigns to raise money for study abroad)
- Gilman Scholarship (Pell Grant recipients). Chapman student Rebecca Gill created a short, animated film about how the Gilman Scholarship helped her study abroad: Watch Rebecca's video here!
- Hostelling International Travel Grants
+ - Diversity Study Abroad Scholarships
- Chapman Promising Futures Program: Chapman students who identify as First Generation can apply to receive assistance for travel costs for study abroad. Click on the link and then click on the "Promising Futures Funding Assistance" link.
- Scholarships for Multicultural Students
- Shawn Carter Foundation
+ - Crowd-Source Funding
- FundMyTravel.com - Set up a personal campaign for a study abroad trip and designate fees toward certain components such as airfare and textbooks. Share your page through social media to gather funds from family and friends.
- GoFundMe.com - A fundraising website for individuals, groups & organizations to raise money online for any idea, event, project or cause your family, friends & personal contacts might believe in.
- ProjectTravel.com - Enables students to raise money and support for study, intern, volunteer, teach, service-learning, au pair, and faculty led programs through an online peer-funding platform.
- Kickstarter.com - Project creators set a funding goal and deadline. It is all-or-nothing — projects must reach their funding goals to receive any money, which can be effective in creating momentum and rallying people around an idea
- GoEnnounce.com - Create a Mission to fundraise online and get tools to share it with your entire social network. Supporters can donate any amount of money to help and you have instant access to every $ as it comes in.