The Center for Global Education hosts many opportunities for the Chapman community to get involved internationally, without ever leaving campus! Become a global citizen by attending one of the many events the CGE hosts each semester. Read on to learn more about current and past events of the Center for Global Education.
- ExhibitsExhibitsThe CGE co-sponsors art, photo, and cultural exhibits on campus.
- ActivitiesActivitiesLearn traditional Chinese paper art, participate in German Olympics, and listen to renowned speakers from all over the world.
- FairsFairsThe CGE hosts an international food fair as well as a bi-annual Study Abroad Fair in Attallah Piazza at the beginning of every semester for students to learn more about programs.
»CGE Conferences and Events
American Culture & Living in Orange: 9/8/14, 2-4pm. A workshop for international and incoming exchange students in the Center for Global Education, 576 N. Glassell.
International Education Week and the Study Abroad Fair: 9/15/14 - 9/19/14. The Center for Global Education's International Education Week kicks off with the Study Abroad Fair on Monday, 9/15 from 10-2pm in Attallah Piazza. Come by to learn about semester and academic year study abroad, international internships, and Travel Courses! Check out other exciting events happening on campus for International Education Week!
"Walesa Man of Hope" Screening: 9/18/14. 5-10pm in the Bush Conference Center, Beckman Hall Room 404. Screening and reception of “Walesa Man of Hope.” Celebrate the 30th anniversary of the founding of the Solidarity Movement in Poland with a showing of the film “Walesa Man of Hope” and a visit by the Polish Consul General. The film was selected for the Best Foreign language Film at the 86th Academy Awards. Reception from 5-6pm, Consul General’s speech at 6pm, with the film starting at 6:20pm. Sponsored by the Center for Global Education and Consulate General of the Republic of Poland.
First Year Associates Program: 10/16/14, 6-7pm in the John Biggs Conference Room in Henley Hall
International Food Fair: 11/11/14, 12-1pm in Attallah Piazza. Sample cuisines from around the world from many of Chapman's clubs and departments.Events on campus from our study abroad and internship partners:
- Spanish Studies Abroad (Seville, Spain): Table on 9/5/14, 10-2pm, in Attallah Piazza
- Summer International Internship info sessions: 9/15/14 at the Center for Global Education from 2:30-3:30pm (Madrid & Dublin) and 3:30-4:30pm (Shanghai, Hong Kong, New Zealand, Australia, & Santiago).
- International Studies Abroad (programs in Australia and New Zealand): Table on 9/16/14, 11-2pm in Attallah Piazza
- Suffolk University (program in Madrid, Spain): Table on 9/16/14, 10-2pm in Attallah Piazza and Info Session 5-6pm in Beckman Hall 108
- Arcadia University (programs in Ireland, Italy, South Africa, Spain, and United Kingdom): Table on 9/30/14, 9am-2pm in Argyros Forum Walkway and on 10/29/14, 9am-2pm in Attallah Piazza
- AIFS (programs in France, Spain, and Russia) : Table on 10/15/14, 9-2pm in Attallah Piazza
Recent Speakers hosted by the Center for Global Education
Click on the years to read information about past conferences listed below.
- "Walesa Man of Hope" Screening: 9/18/14, co-sponsored with the Consulate General of the Republic of Poland
- International Education Week: 9/15/14 - 9/19/14
- Sixth Annual Academic WorldQuest Competition: 2/8/14, co-sponsored with World Affairs Council
- Geopolitical Implications on the Southern Corridor Conference: 5/17/2014
- Facts and Myths about the Syrian Conflict - November 2013
- International Cultural Awareness Program - April 2013
- Struggle Between the Seas - March 2013
- Fifth Annual Academic WorldQuest Competition - February 2013
- New Perspectives on the 1973 Arab-Israeli War - January 2013
- Inaugural International Education Week - November 2012
- Think Transatlantic: The United States & Germany in the 21st Century - September 2012
- Enchanting Taiwan - April 2012
- Two Sides to Every Story: Syria - March 2012
- Fourth Annual Academic WorldQuest Competition - February 2012 (also 2010 & 2009)
- Sister Cities International, Southern California Annual Conference - February 2012
- Conversation with Ambassador Mohamed Salah Tekaya - February 2012
- Rise of the Independent States Global Citizens Conference - November 2011
- Do Deutsch & the German Olympics - October 2011
- Energy Futures Near and Far - April 2011
- What Would Richard Nixon Think? - October 2010
- Taiwan Film Festival - October 2010
- Conversation with former Secretary of State George Shultz - October 2010
- Global Environment and Sustainable Development: Solutions - April 2009
- Grass: The Untold Story - April 2009
- Human Rights Conference - April 2007
- Aznar - May 2004
- Center for Global Education (CGE)
- Study Abroad Programs+
- »Getting Started
- »Why Go Abroad
- »Find A Program
- »Application Deadlines
- »Costs and Financial Aid
- »Diversity & Access Resources
- »Transfer Students
- »Requesting Transcripts
- »Additional Course Approvals
- »Keeping in Touch
- »Registration While Abroad
- »Preparing to Return Home
- »Reverse Culture Shock
- »Peer Advisor or Exchange Buddy
- »Continuing Your International Experience
- »Photo Contest
- »Getting Started
- Travel Courses+
- International Internships+
- International Student & Scholar Services
- Incoming Exchange Students
- Conferences and Events+