- A high school diploma or higher
- Unofficial Undergraduate Transcript(s) - Submit a unofficial transcript from the most recent academic level you completed (high school or college). If you went to multiple schools, you just need to submit the transcript from the last school you attended.
- TOEFL or IELTS (if international and undergraduate program was not taught in English)
- $30 application fee
- Statement of Intent
- Prompt: In no more than two pages, please tell us a bit about yourself and your writing background, why you're interested in being accepted into this program and what goals you hope to achieve.
- Narrative Scene
- Prompt: In no more than three pages, write a compelling dramatic scene, based on the following scenario:From a hospital bed, a person with amnesia asks his or her spouse..."Who are you?" This may be written in either short-story or screenplay format. We're looking for an indicator of your visual storytelling ability, your strength of characterization and your ability to understand the essence of subtext, through both action and dialogue.
- High speed internet connection
- Headphones/speakers and microphone
- Once enrolled, students will be required to participate in a video-conferencing suite once a week for two hours, in addition to the writing and reading assigned by the Instructor. While this program is primarily designed for students with minimal experience, a strong work ethic is a must - you will not be able to complete the program goals otherwise. That said, we’ve designed this program to accommodate students with day jobs and/or families – class times will be in the evening and will also accommodate different time zones and locations.
This program offers you the opportunity to work directly with a produced screenwriter, making use of the latest state-of-the-art videoconferencing technology that Dodge College has to offer, to provide an authentic workshop experience where you can learn, collaborate and interact, just as you would in a classroom, all from the comfort of your own home, or on the go, from a laptop, tablet or smartphone.This program is competitive, and not all applicants who apply will get in.