»J.D./M.F.A. in Film and TV Producing Graduate Application
In order to apply to the Film and Television Producing/Law graduate program, you must submit an application through Apply Yourself, as well as create an account through SlideRoom to upload your supplemental materials. Below are the materials required for each area.
- Apply Yourself Application
- Personal Information
- Dodge College Supplemental Materials submitted via SlideRoom
- Statement of Intent
- Unofficial copy of your degree granting undergraduate transcript
- Creative/Scholarly Portfolio List
- Transformational Moment Essay
- Project Description Essay
- 2 Letters of Recommendation
- Other Required Documents that need to be sent to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
- Official copy of your degree granting undergraduate transcript
- Additional documentation is required for international students (see main Admissions Office website for more information)
- If your cumulative GPA falls below 3.0 you must submit your GRE score
In addition to these requirements, you also need to submit an application to the Chapman University School of Law.SlideRoom Information: Once you have registered to start a submission via Slideroom, you may step away and come back at any time, until the final deadline. Please make sure that you save your progress after each visit, and do not click to submit until you are 100% sure that you have properly uploaded the required components outlined below. Once you click submit, you may no longer edit your creative portfolio. Do NOT wait until the last minute to register on Slideroom. And do NOT wait until the last minute to submit your creative portfolio, in the event any technical issues arise. If you have any issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
No additional information should be sent to Dodge College or the Office of Admissions outside of what is required on the application. Any outside work sent to either office will not be reviewed as part of the admission process. All supplemental materials and recommendations MUST be submitted through Slideroom.
+-Supplemental Materials for 2014/2015
All items below must be submitted though SlideRoom. Submissions sent any other way will not be accepted.
1. Creative/Scholarly Portfolio List
Upload a one to two page list of activities that demonstrates your creative or scholarly potential in your area of chosen specialization focusing on creative accomplishments. Include in this list specific items that you could submit, if requested, to the Lawrence and Kristina Dodge College of Film and Media Arts. Each listing should include a brief description of the work and your role in its creation.
Example of Portfolio listing (use this format):
Title: Roger's Car
16 minutes, Video 2005. Valley College
Log line: Unusual circumstance allows a sixteen-year-old to get his first car. I wrote this story for a creative writing class and produced the film with the help of my friends.
2. Transformational Moment Essay
Submit a two page essay describing a transformational moment in your life. Essays should be typed, single-spaced, 12 pt. Times New Roman font, one-inch margins on all sides.
3. Project Description Essay
Submit a two page essay that describes a large project or event that you planned where you were required to work within a team. Explain some of the challenges you faced, how you handled them, and how the project ultimately turned out. Also describe how you might handle a large project differently next time. Essays should be typed, single-spaced, 12 pt. Times New Roman font, one-inch margins on all sides.
Letters of Recommendation
We also require two letters of recommendations to be submitted through SlideRoom. DO NOT submit letters of recommendation through any other method.
All application and supplemental materials must submitted electronically through Apply Yourself or SlideRoom by the deadline below. Late applicants will be reviewed on a space available basis.
December 1, 2014*Please note: In order to be considered for a Fellowship you must apply by the December 1st deadline. We do not accept applicants for the spring semester.
+-Official Copy of Degree Granting Undergraduate Transcript
You also need to send in an official copy of your degree granting undergraduate transcript. This should be mailed to:
Office of Graduate Admission1 University Drive Orange, CA 92866
Additional documentation is required for international students. Please visit the Office of Admissions for more information.
Questions about applying?
Chapman University School of Law
In addition to these requirements, please visit the Chapman University School of Law's webpage for its application requirements.
- Graduate Applications
- Graduate Application Procedure+
- Apply - Documentary Film+
- Apply - Film Studies+
- Apply - Film Production/emphasis Directing+
- Apply - Film Production/Cinematography Emphasis+
- Apply - Film Production/Editing Emphasis+
- Apply - Film Production/Sound Design Emphasis+
- Apply - Film/TV Producing+
- Apply - Production Design+
- Apply - Screenwriting+
- Apply - Joint MBA/MFA Film & TV Producing+
- Apply – JD/MFA Film/TV Producing+
- Tuition, Aid & Fellowships+
- Graduate Admission FAQs+