The Harry and Diane Rinker Health Science Campus was designed to embody our forward-looking, inter-professional approach to educating tomorrow’s advanced healthcare professionals and supporting the interdisciplinary research required to translate scientific inquiry into health improvement.
Its features include:
- Flexible, shared classroom and research spaces to support inter-professional education and interdisciplinary research.
- Technologically sophisticated classrooms and research laboratories that teach future healthcare professionals to integrate technology into practice. Our goal is the develop students' abilities to evaluate, adopt and adapt healthcare technologies to professional practice.
- Simulated environments which model the new arenas in which advanced care professionals will practice. Our goal is to immerse students in a team-based approach to healthcare.
- Deans’ suites, faculty offices and seminar rooms designed to promote interdisciplinary collaborations in research, teaching, and clinical practice.
The current capital campaign to support the Rinker Health Science Campus will transform Chapman University into an influential health-science institution. Our vision is that this campus will:
- Allow exceptional faculty to pursue the dual passions of teaching and research.
- Challenge graduate students to solve complex problems by working across disciplines and applying new methodologies and technologies.
- Be where the new vision for advanced healthcare professional education is realized.