Chapman University offers a psychology degree that not only studies the complexity of human behavior, but also strongly encourages research. The psychology program prepares students for future professional and personal interactions. Many students have presented at regional and national scientific conferences, some have even had their work published in leading scientific journals. In addition, the degree offers a wealth of internship opportunities in fields such as mental health, medicine, special education, wellness, business, and research.
»Bachelor of Arts in Psychology
+-Faculty and Student Research
The psychology faculty takes pride in its established tradition of individualized faculty-student mentoring, creating a personalized education that enhances student achievements. Many professors are currently engaged in a wide range of psychological research, for more details please view our Faculty and Student Research page.
If you are a psychology major in need of advising, please contact your faculty advisor directly. If you don’t know who your faculty advisor is, please check www.my.chapman.edu. If you don’t see a psychology faculty advisor listed in www.my.chapman.edu, please contact the psychology department or the psychology student peer advising team for assistance. Contact information for all psychology faculty members can be found on the Crean College Faculty Directory. If you are a prospective student, please contact the psychology student peer advising team for general information.
PSY 490 & PSY 492 offer psych students the opportunity to intern in a variety of psychologically related service areas ranging from educational settings to hospital facilities. Students are mentored by psychology faculty during the internship experience. Contact your faculty advisor and the Career Development Center for more information and registration materials.
+-Psi Chi International Honor's Society
Psi Chi, the National Honor Society for Psychology, offers academic recognition, advising, research opportunities and more.
+-Associations and Conferences
- Society for Research in Child Development: http://www.srcd.org/
- Association for Psychological Science: http://www.psychologicalscience.org/
- American Psychological Association(APA): http://www.apa.org/
- Western Psychological Association (WPA): http://westernpsych.org/
- Society for Personality and Social Psychology: http://www.spsp.org/
- American Psychosomatic Society http://www.psychosomatic.org/home/index.cfm
- Social Personality and Health Network http://sphnetwork.org/
- Society for Chaos Theory: http://www.societyforchaostheory.org/