This program guarantees an interview and preferential consideration for admission for excellent undergraduate Health Science students from Chapman University in the Master of Medical Science Physician Assistant Studies Program contingent that they satisfactorily meet the following criteria:B.S. in Health Sciences core courses (BIOL 204, BIOL 208, BIOL 410, HSK 210, HSK 365, HSK 366, CHEM 140, CHEM 150, CHEM 230, and PSY 203 or courses determined by the Director of Undergraduate Health Sciences Program and Post
- Must be taken at Chapman University or at a science transfer agreement program*
- May only be taken once
- Must be taken for a letter grade
- Health Science core courses be completed by the end of the spring semester junior year
- GPA > 3.6 in Health Science core courses
- Meet the Technical Standards
- Interview in senior year
- 1000 physician assistant observational/experience hours are completed and documented. Observational experiences to be arranged by the student. Program will not arrange nor recommend observational sites
- All B.S. Health Science degree requirements are completed and degree bestowed by the University in any term their senior year
- Personal statement: 350-500 words, 12 Font, Times New Roman describing how your personal goals are in line with the mission of the program and on how those goals will contribute the community and to the profession (for instructions, refer to the Physician Assistant website).
- Cumulative GPA at graduation > 3.4
- Successful completion of background check.
- A formal declaration through the Office of the University Registrar as a pre-PA major during the sophomore year, and for students enrolled in the Health Science post bachelor program, at time of enrollment into the Post Bachelor program
* A science transfer agreement program is a formal agreement between Chapman University and a partner community college