Chapman University and Western University of Health Sciences, College of Podiatric Medicine (WUCPM) have established a joint program known as CHAPMAN/WUCPM Linkage Program. The linkage program is designed for Chapman health science majors who wish to become a Western U-College of Podiatric Medicine student. Students who follow the prescribed requirements and give an outstanding academic performance will be guaranteed a seat in the WUCPM program.
Students attain a B.S. in Health Sciences at Chapman, where they are exposed to in-depth instruction, including:
- Learning a team approach to health care and a biological-psychological-sociological perspective on understanding health and disease.
- Participating in a strong internship program in order to experience the various roles health care providers play in addressing health needs
- Participating in faculty/student research
They then proceed to Western College of Podiatric Medicine, which offers an impressive Doctor of Podiatry including:
- Internationally renowned Dean, Dr. Lawrence Harkless, leading an expert faculty
- Clinical training that begins the first year
- State of the art facilities