This will take you through the application process for an undergraduate degree in Music Performance - Conducting and make sure you know how it works from start to finish. Be sure to visit all four (4) sections below for pertinent application and audition information.
»BM in Performance, Conducting
+-Audition Dates & Requirements
SCHEDULE AN AUDITION:
- Schedule an in-person Audition Appointment (COMING SOON)
- Change/Cancel Audition Appointment (COMING SOON)
Applicants are encouraged to audition/interview in person whenever possible.
- October 18, 2014
- Vocal only
- October 25, 2014
- October 26, 2014 (Last Freshman Early Admissions Audition Date)
- November 8, 2014
- November 9, 2014 (Discover Chapman Day)
- January 10, 2015
- January 17, 2015 (Last Freshman Audition Date)
- February 21, 2015 (Transfer Students only)
- March 7, 2015 (Transfer Students only)
Prospective students must schedule an audition appointment on their primary instrument (voice, keyboard, guitar, or orchestral instrument) during the posted audition dates. Please click on the following link that applies to your instrument for a detailed listing of audition requirements:
- BRASS Audition Requirements (*)
- Horn, Trumpet, Trombone, Tuba
- GUITAR Audition Requirements
- PERCUSSION Audition Requirements
- Snare Drum, Mallet Percussion, Timpani
- PIANO Audition Requirements
- STRINGS Audition Requirements (*)
- Violin, Viola, Cello, Double Bass, Harp
- VOCAL Audition Requirements
- WOODWINDS Audition Requirements (*)
- Flute, Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, Saxophone
(*) Please indicate whether or not you will require an accompanist at your audition.
+-Common Application Requirements
The following items must be submitted to be considered for admission to the Bachelor of Music in Performance - Conducting Emphasis:
- $65 non-refundable application fee or fee waiver request
- Official test results (SAT or ACT plus Writing) sent from the College Board or ACT
- School Report
- Official Transcript(s) from all attended institutions
- Two Teacher Evaluations
- One Academic Evaluation (transfer students only)
- College Officials Report (transfer students only)
- In your Common Application:
- Indicate your intended major: Bachelor of Music in Performance - Conducting Emphasis
- Answer “yes” to “Do you intend to submit an Art Supplement” on Chapman University’s questions. This will activate the “Art Supplement” tab in your Common App, where you will be provided a link to SlideRoom. In SlideRoom, please set up an account and complete your supplemental materials application. NOTE: Whether auditioning/interviewing in person, or uploading your audition/materials online, SlideRoom is required.
+-Additional Requirements via SlideRoom (Art Supplement)
All students applying to the Hall-Musco Conservatory of Music (Audition In-Person and Audition Upload) must complete the Art Supplement via SlideRoom as part of the Common Application. Your Art Supplement fee will be $10 which will be paid online via SlideRoom when you submit your materials.
The following items must be submitted via SlideRoom to be considered for admission to the Bachelor of Music in Performance - Conducting Emphasis program:
- Audition on primary instrument - Prospective students must schedule an audition appointment on their primary instrument (voice, keyboard, guitar, or orchestral instrument) during the posted audition dates. BM in Performance, Conducting Emphasis (Instrumental area) applicants should refer to the audition requirements prescribed for your primary instrument.
- Goal Statement - Please write a one (1) page statement declaring why you want to major in the Bachelor of Music in Performance, Conducting Emphasis (Instrumental area), and what your goals are for use of this degree after graduating from Chapman. 12-point font, double-spaced.
- Interview - In addition to the above requirements, you may be asked for a personal interview (in-person, via phone or Skype) with the Area Director, if requested. You will be contacted if an interview is required for admission.
NOTE: In-Person audition applicants can complete SlideRoom before the Common Application. This applies primarily to Early Action candidates who may not yet have submitted their Common Application. Supplemental Materials must be submitted prior to your audition date.
- Art Supplement FAQs (NEED TO ADD LINK TO PDF)
- Office of Admission > How To Apply
All documents must be uploaded to The Common Application and SlideRoom by the given deadlines. Late applications are only reviewed on a space available basis. Please refer to the application checklist for more information on specified Admission deadline(s).
AUDITION DEADLINES (in-person or audition upload):
- FRESHMAN Early Action Date: Sunday, October 26, 2014
- FRESHMAN Regular Admission: Saturday, January 17, 2015
- TRANSFER Regular Admission: Saturday, March 7, 2015
* The Art Supplement must be submitted online by 11:59pm on the appropriate deadline.
- FRESHMAN Early Action Date (non-binding): Saturday, November 1, 2014
- FRESHMAN Regular Admission: Thursday, January 15, 2015
- TRANSFER Regular Admission: Sunday, March 15, 2015
- Apply - BA Music+
- Apply - BM in Composition+
- Apply - BM in Music Education+
- Apply - BM in Performance, Conducting+
- Apply - BM in Performance, Guitar+
- Apply - BM in Performance, Instrumental+
- Apply - BM in Performance, Keyboard Collaborative Arts+
- Apply - BM in Performance, Piano+
- Apply - BM in Performance, Vocal+
- Department Tours+
- Frequently Asked Questions +