SCHEDULE AN IN-PERSON AUDITION:
- To schedule an in-person audition appointment, please complete your Creative Supplement at go.chapman.edu/apply. Applicants are encouraged to audition/interview in-person whenever possible.
- Saturday, October 15, 2016
- Saturday, October 22, 2016
- Saturday, October 29, 2016 (last First Year Early Action audition date)
- Saturday, January 14, 2017
- Monday, January 16, 2017
- Saturday, February 11, 2017
- Saturday, February 18, 2017 (last First Year audition date)
- Saturday, March 4, 2017 (last Transfer audition date)
Your audition for the department will consist of a dance solo performance and a brief, informal interview. Prepare a two (2) minute dance solo demonstrating your dance technique and artistry. It may be choreographed by you or for you (please be sure to credit the choreographer). If you have skills in more than one dance form (jazz, modern, ballet, tap etc.), you may present two separate one (1) minute pieces to demonstrate your talent. Technical prowess, presence, musicality, expression and performance quality will be evaluated to determine admittance, as well as talent awards.
On the day of your audition:
- Bring your music on CD, iPod/iPad/iPhone, or laptop.
- Wear form-fitting dancewear with appropriate shoes. Please do not wear skirts, t-shirts, shorts, sweats or costumes.
- Plan to arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your audition to allow time for parking, check-in and warm-up.
- Plan for your audition to be approximately one hour in length.