Chapman University in conjunction with the Performing Arts Medicine Association presents the 4th Annual
Healthy Approaches in the Training of Performing Artists Conference
Medical Issues and Applied Practices
September 6th and 7th, 2014
Partridge Dance Center (map)
8:30am – 4:00pm
Register Online (coming soon)
Thanks to a grant from Chapman University and support from the College of Performing Arts, the 4th annual conference will continue to present lectures, movement workshops and poster sessions addressing the specific needs of artists in Dance, Music and Theatre. All information is based upon proven principles and methodologies gathered from current research and is presented by performing arts medicine experts. This conference is geared toward teachers, professional and pre-professional performing artists, students in athletic training and physical therapy programs and medical professionals in the performing arts.
The Healthy Approaches in the Training of Performing Artists Conference is committed to:
- Bridging the gap between medical professionals, research, and performing arts educators
- Bringing the science and current research regarding healthy training practices into the classroom at a practical level
- Expanding community discussion regarding safe practices, training techniques and treatment protocols
- Educating young artists and educators on prevention of injury through understanding proper use of the body
- Creating a network of professionals trained and ready to handle the unique needs of performing artists
Registration is available for one or both days. Attendees are strongly encouraged to attend both days to benefit from the extensive range of knowledge presented. Lunch is provided both days if registered by September 1st. Chapman University faculty and students are free if registered by September 3rd.