You will be awarded $1,000 - $2,500 for the 2016-17 academic year for the teacher promise award, which is often also referred to as the Dean’s Fellowship. This award is for students who are beginning their program of study in the summer 16, fall 16, or spring17 semesters. Typically, the award is dispersed over two consecutive semesters and the student must maintain at least two courses during your first semester. It is awarded only one-time. To be considered you must:
- Have a current FAFSA form on file with the financial aid office.
- Complete a one-page, double-spaced, word-processed statement describing your financial need and how the fellowship would facilitate your studies in the College of Educational Studies.
- Attach the statement to this document.
- Enter the appropriate information below.
- Present this document and the statement to Michelle Samura, Associate Dean of Undergraduate Education, by emailing email@example.com.
- Enroll and maintain enrollment in a minimum of two courses during your initial semester;