Welcome to Librería Martinez de Chapman University. Please join us for upcoming events, book signings, and presentations at our beautiful location in Santa Ana, CA.
- Art Exhibits and PresentationsArt Exhibits and PresentationsLibrería Martinez de Chapman University is proud to host exhibits and presentations by an array of distinguished artists.
- Children's Book ActivitiesChildren's Book ActivitiesJoin the Librería Martinez as we celebrate youth literacy with children's book author signings, presentations, and reading festivals.
- Author Presentations and SigningsAuthor Presentations and SigningsLook for new presentations by your favorite author each month.
- Live Music and PerformancesLive Music and PerformancesMusic lovers rejoice! The Librería Martinez is proud to host live musical performances, children's concerts, and special events.
- Readings and DiscussionsReadings and DiscussionsJoin the Librería Martinez for readings, discussions, workshops, and other fun literature events each month.
- Community EventsCommunity EventsLibrería Martinez de Chapman University is proud to partner with the City of Santa Ana and Orange County to provide frequent community events and educational services.
»Librería Martinez de Chapman University Events
September 26, 2015 : 6pm - 8pm Meet Authors Lisa Dabbs and Nicol Howard
Join us to meet Lisa Dabbs and Nicol Howard, authors of Standing in the Gap- Empowering New Teachers Through Connected Resources.
LISA MICHELLE DABBS is an Educational Consultant based in Southern California. She is also an Adjunct Professor at the University of La Verne. With a B.A. in Child Development and M.Ed in Educational Administration, Lisa has over 25 years experience as a classroom teacher and school administrator. As a consultant she works with a variety of companies to provide support for their education needs. Some of those include Edutopia.org, EdtechTeacher.org, iThinkWrite.com and Edupad.com. Lisa is passionate about mentoring new and pre-service teachers to feel supported in their practice as they prepare for their work in the classroom. With this in mind she founded New Teacher Chat #ntchat in 2010, the first and longest running chat for New and Pre-Service Teachers on Twitter. With an ever-growing base of followers across all social media channels, she is a tour-de-force in the ed-tech and ed-focused curriculum and technical areas. She has written for Huffington Post EDU, KidsDiscover.com, TheTeacher'sLounge.com., TheFemTechProject.org and Smart Blogs for Education. You can find her sharing her message at www.LisaDabbs.com
NICOL HOWARD, PHD has had the pleasure of serving as an educator in various capacities over the past years 12 years. She taught at the high school level in the Compton Unified School District and elementary in the Corona-Norco Unified District and the Santa Ana Unified School District (SAUSD). She is currently a program specialist in SAUSD within the Learning Innovation with Technology department. Nicol is also adjunct faculty at Chapman University, where she facilitates multiple courses in teacher education related to technology, learning theories, and research methods. Her personal research interests include the effective use of technology in K12 and equity issues in STEM Education. Nicol earned a B.A. at the University of California at Los Angeles (UCLA) and an M.A. in Educational Technology at Azusa Pacific University. Her Ph.D. in Education was earned at Chapman University, where she also received the university's highest honor - the 2015 James L. Doti Outstanding Graduate Student Award (doctoral recipient) and the 2015 Joel Colbert Distinguished PhD in Education Outstanding Student Award from the College of Educational Studies. Her past and present experiences influence her commitment as an educator, researcher, tech enthusiast, and educational writer. Nicol's concern for certain inequities in education led to publications in educational journals, such as the EDUCAUSE Review and the Urban Education Journal. She has also written for Edutopia and the Corwin Connect. To learn more about Dr. Nicol R. Howard, please visit http://www.nicolhoward.com.
Adventures in Reading: Every Saturday from 1 - 2pm
Librería Martinez de Chapman University is offering free story-time on Saturdays from 1-2 PM. Reading Adventures engages elementary school children in interesting books and nurtures a love for reading. Select honors students from Orange County School of the Arts (OCHSA) will be leading Reading Adventures storytelling and activities.
Librería Martinez de Chapman University ofrece gratituamente una hora de cuentos los sábados de 1:00-2:00 pm. Aventuras con Lecturas involucra a niños de escuela primaria en libros interesantes y nutre el amor por la lectura. Estudiantes de honor seleccionados de la escuela secundaria Orange County School of the Arts (OCHSA) llevarán a cabo las actividades con la lectura.