Welcome to Librería Martinez de Chapman University. Please join us for upcoming events, book signings, and presentations at our beautiful location in Santa Ana, CA.
- Art Exhibits and PresentationsArt Exhibits and PresentationsLibrería Martinez de Chapman University is proud to host exhibits and presentations by an array of distinguished artists.
- Children's Book ActivitiesChildren's Book ActivitiesJoin the Librería Martinez as we celebrate youth literacy with children's book author signings, presentations, and reading festivals.
- Author Presentations and SigningsAuthor Presentations and SigningsLook for new presentations by your favorite author each month.
- Live Music and PerformancesLive Music and PerformancesMusic lovers rejoice! The Librería Martinez is proud to host live musical performances, children's concerts, and special events.
- Readings and DiscussionsReadings and DiscussionsJoin the Librería Martinez for readings, discussions, workshops, and other fun literature events each month.
- Community EventsCommunity EventsLibrería Martinez de Chapman University is proud to partner with the City of Santa Ana and Orange County to provide frequent community events and educational services.
»Librería Martinez de Chapman University Events
Victor Villaseñor: Saturday March 21st, 3 - 5pm
Join Victor Villaseñor, author of Rain of Gold, for a passionate and heartfelt presentation about his newest book, Revenge of a Catholic Schoolboy. Mr. Villaseñor is also the author of Burro Genius, Crazy Loco Love, Lion Eyes and Beyond Rain of Gold. Victor has been nominated three times for the Pulitzer Prize and is the recipient of countless honors and awards.
Santiago Vaquera-Vasquez: Wednesday, May 13th, 2015, 6 – 8pm
Please join the Libreria Martinez de Chapman University to meet author and artist, Santiago Vaquera-Vásquez.
Santiago Vaquera-Vásquez is an unrepentant border crosser, ex-DJ, writer, painter, and academic. An Assistant Professor of Creative Writing and Hispanic Southwest Literatures in the Department of Spanish, and Portuguese at the University of New Mexico, he has also taught and lectured at the University of Iowa, Penn State, the Universidad de Salamanca, the Universidad de Alcalá de Henares, the Universidad Pompeu Fabra, and at Texas A&M University. Santiago Vaquera-Vásquez has published extensively in Spanish, "One Day I'll Tell You the Things I've Seen" is his first collection of stories in English. He has discussed his work with Eduardo Halfón and Daniel Alarcón in "The Believer", and with Edmundo Paz Soldán and Santiago Roncaglio in "The Arizona Journal of Hispanic Cultural Studies."
Spanish for English Speakers: 1/16 - 6/12/2015, 5-6:30pm
The College of Educational Studies Community Education Program at Librería Martínez de Chapman University is offering a specially designed Spanish course for English speaking parents of children who participate in dual language and other bilingual programs. Take advantage of this opportunity to learn the Spanish language and Latino/Hispanic culture from an expert Spanish language teacher using quality children’s literature, cultural materials, and real life scenarios! (Please note: No childcare is available during this program)...More Information
Adventures in Reading: Every Saturday from 1 - 2pm
Librería Martinez de Chapman University is offering free story-time on Saturdays from 1-2 PM. Reading Adventures engages elementary school children in interesting books and nurtures a love for reading. Select honors students from Orange County School of the Arts (OCHSA) will be leading Reading Adventures storytelling and activities.
Librería Martinez de Chapman University ofrece gratituamente una hora de cuentos los sábados de 1:00-2:00 pm. Aventuras con Lecturas involucra a niños de escuela primaria en libros interesantes y nutre el amor por la lectura. Estudiantes de honor seleccionados de la escuela secundaria Orange County School of the Arts (OCHSA) llevarán a cabo las actividades con la lectura.