Student Teaching Applications are due March 1 for Spring Student Teaching and October 1 for Fall Student Teaching of each calendar year. The Student Teaching Application must be completed using the Task Stream DRF. All supplemental documents listed below must be attached to the Student Teaching Application. No late submissions will be accepted.
- Students are required to submit CalTPA Task 1 (Subject Specific Pedagogy) and Task 2 (Designing Instruction)
- Students are required to pass all sub-sections of their CSET exam and scores must be received prior to the Student Teaching Application deadlines*
- Students are required to pass the CBEST exam.
- Multiple Subject Students are encouraged to register for the RICA exam.
- Students are required to obtain a Certificate of Clearance with the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
*Note: The CTC Exams may take 4 to 6 weeks to process. We must receive your required test results by the Student Teaching Application Deadlines. Please visit the CTC Exam Page to find out when test results will be processed by clicking here. Pearson Education Inc. will not process any rush request for CTC exam scores. Students who do not meet these requirements will not be able to student teach. Please contact Dr. Michelle Samura at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
California Commission on Teacher Credentialing
CBEST, CSET, and RICA Registration Page
CTC - Certificate of Clearance Application
Orange County Department of Education Credentialing and Fingerprinting Services
American Heart Association CPR Training Centers
American Red Cross CPR Training Centers
CalTPA -- Teacher Candidate Information
EDJOIN (careers in public education online job search site)
State Department of Education
Title II: Annual Report Card for the Academic Year 2012-2013
EDUC 550 is designed for students to complete the California Teaching Performance Assessments (CalTPAs). All multiple and single subject credential students are required to complete and pass the CalTPAs. These assessments are designed to give you the opportunity to develop, refine, and demonstrate your teaching knowledge, skills, and abilities during your teacher preparation program.
Please plan accordingly and make sure you have access to the appropriate TPA submission portal as soon as possible. Students enrolled in EDUC 550 before Fall Semester 2014 will submit their TPAs through CalTPA Blackboard Organization. Students enrolled in EDUC 550 during or after Fall Semester 2014 will submit their TPAs through Taskstream.
Contact James Taylor if you need assistance with Taskstream or Blackboard enrollment at (714) 289-3107 or email@example.com
Beginning Spring 2015, the CES policy on TPA deadlines is as follows:
TPAs 1 & 2 Deadlines:
- Students are required to submit CalTPA Task 1 (Subject Specific Pedagogy) and Task 2 (Designing Instruction) by the March 1 deadline for Fall Student Teaching and by the October 1 deadline for Spring Student Teaching. Students who do not meet these requirements will not be able to student teach.
TPAs 3 & 4 Deadlines
The CES policy on TPA deadlines states that students have 1 semester beyond completion of student teaching to submit TPAs 3 and 4. However, we STRONGLY advise that you complete TPAs 3 and 4 as soon as possible because you CANNOT be hired as a California public school teacher unless you have passed all your TPAs.
EDUC 550 Satisfactory Progress Requirement
Students are only required to register for EDUC 550 only once. The grade for EDUC 550 will carry over as an SP - Satisfactory Progress on a students program evaluation until the student has passed all four CalTPA tasks. The grade for EDUC 550 will change from an SP - Satisfactory Progress to an P-Pass once the student has passed all four CalTPA tasks. However, students who do not submit any tasks within two years, or do not complete all four tasks within three years may receive an NP-No Pass for EDUC 550.